“Excellent pizza and superb service and more.”
Review of Brick+Wood

Brick+Wood
Ranked #3 of 261 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed May 6, 2018

Fairfield CT has many restaurants compared to neighboring towns and so often new ones come and go. I’m not sure when Brick + Wood opened but every time we’ve had the chance, 3 times in past year, to go out on a date night we’ve never gotten into Brick + Wood for dinner because waits were way to long. I’ve heard good things about it so we’ve been looking forward to going. Well not really a special place for our 18yr Wedding Anniversary, but without kids, it was priceless. It’s a very lively atmosphere and not a place you’d go to for a quiet romantic dinner but we were just looking to get out for something good to eat. For an appetizer we shared a Caesar Salad which was good for two since we ordered individual pizzas. The dressing was a very good along with shaved parmigiana cheese, mini croutons and a pita wedge. For our pizzas I had the Margarita which had fresh basil and fresh mozzarella cheese with a light thin soft crust but still crunchy at the end. My wife order the Chicken and Pesto with fresh mozzarella pizza. It’s not New York Style thin but a thin soft crusted gourmet New York style pizza. I feel being near Peppi’s and Sally’s in Fairfield/New Haven and New York, we’ve got the gamete of choice for excellent pizza. So I have to say it was great pizza and I would definitely go back again.
At one point in my life I wanted to be a chef and worked for several different restaurants, deli’s and caterers. What I was always taught was serve your customers the best or don’t serve it at all and always have a clean work food prep place. From that I always tell friends, you can tell how clean a restaurant is by how clean their bathrooms are. If a manager or owner cares about his or her place they care about everything. In this case for Brick + Wood I give them a bathroom score of A- which is pretty damn good in my book and to be an A it would have to be immaculate. So that being said if the bathrooms are clean that means the kitchens clean.
Our waiter asked frequently how we were and how the food was. Everything was served timely and hot. A few people said thank you for coming as we left and the owner asked us how everything was as well. That’s how it’s supposed to be and for that Brick + Wood for an overall place to eat I give them an A. If you want to get in quickly and not have to wait I suggest go early, before 6:00pm or try a week day.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

brick + wood is a very happy local pizza spot in Fairfield CT. They are always packed with pizza loving locals. What sets them apart is their home made mozzarella which is offered several different ways and their creative pizza combinations. But what I love most about them is their gluten free crust. It might be the best i have ever had- with the same taste and consistency as regular crust. I am not sure of their secret but it is amazing.
They also have wine on tap (beer too) and amazingly decadent desserts. The servers are unfailingly upbeat and helpful.

Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went to Brick + Wood for the first time last night and it certainly won’t be our last. It was excellent! Because it was crowded we opted to take two seats at the pizza bar when they became free and I think this is the way to go. At the pizza bar you can watch the magic happen! I ordered the chicken pesto pizza and my husband created his own with mushrooms, onions and bacon. Both were delish! I particularly liked the charred pizza blisters. The mood was very upbeat and the staff very friendly. We made friends with the mozzarella master and he gave us a tasting of one of his creations - yum! There are other selections on the menu but if pizza is your thing run, do t walk to Brick + Wood!

1  Thank 34juliev
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Found this on trip advisor the best pizza around don’t waist your time looking. Fried cauliflower great

Date of visit: March 2018
2  Thank p0ppy16
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

...the burata plate. Panini good but very hard to eat. Got sandwich juice everywhere - think they use pizza dough which is good in theory but not so great for sandwiches.