“Never had a bad experience.”
Review of The Bear & Grill

The Bear & Grill
Ranked #143 of 217 Restaurants in Fairfield
Bethel, Connecticut
“Never had a bad experience.”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

The Bear & Grill in Fairfield is a great place to get some drinks or enjoy a meal. I've have many meals there ranging from salads and sandwiches to burgers and steak - and I have never had a bad experience there. They have great soups too! I usually get a california chicken wrap with avocado and bacon and it is amazing every time. I would suggest this place to anyone as a great restaurant in Fairfield.

Bridgeport
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Burger Ha!”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Burnt, I tasted no better then a hockey puck. I also will say that the staff needs help as well. I want to know how they stay in business?

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank billmeplease
Medfield, Massachusetts
“Won't Go Back There Again”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We went there for the first (and last) time on Monday, Columbus Day. It was close to 2:00 so not crowded at all, but the person seating us, sat us right next to an occupied table versus any of the empty tables nearby that would not have been right on top of our table neighbors.

Luckily we had four place settings at our table because my cloth napkin at my seat, was dirty. Yuk.

We ordered the buffalo chicken tenders as an appetizer and we all sat stunned when it arrived with three...., yup - three..., tenders on it. What would we have done if there had been four of us?

Our meals were okay but not great. There were no salt & pepper shakers on our table so I got up to retrieve the salt shaker from another table. The manager? supervisor? (who was the person that sat us) walked by and apologized but never went to the kitchen to fetch another salt shaker to replace the missing one on the other table now.

The waitress was pleasant, if not overly cheerful, but not the best service provider.

The ladies' room was not great either - not horrible - but not great. I believe the cleanliness of the restrooms is in direct correlation to the cleanliness of the rest of the restaurant.

Overall, it was just okay. There are enough other restaurants in the area for us to choose from so that we will not be returning to this one.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank LindaAnn306
merrimack, nh
“fantastic food!!!”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

we went to nyc to see our daughter, and her boyfriend. he lives in fairfield. they both raved about this place. we went. the food is fantastic! we ordered four items, all appetizers...each one EXCELLENT! blackened scallops, littlenecks, ribs, and a combo plate of shrimp, beef and chicken. all were served HOT, and delicious!!! service was a bit
questionable at 1st, ( we were sitting outside, only 4 out there)...my wife had to go inside to ask for our waitress. after that, perfect service. had a great time, and will go back

• Visited October 2011
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Great food at great prices, true family restaurant”
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Went to the Bear and Grill last weekend for an early dinner with my family. All the staff members were very friendly and our waitress seemed very knowledgeable. Asked her for recomemdations and were very pleased with our meals. The restaurant is children friendly, they offer extensive kids' menu and accomodate substitutions for picky eaters. I loved the ambiance and decorations - there is plenty to keep the kids occupied until the meal comes. Will be back!

• Visited April 2011