“A Peaceful Retreat”

The Inn at Fairfield Beach
Ranked #1 of 1 Fairfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at The Inn this past weekend and had an extremely relaxing stay. I loved the room and proximity to the beach and Fairfield University. Upon arrival, we had to go to The Grape the bar next door to retrieve the keys because we arrived after 7. I did not mind that at all, but was disappointed when I called the desk to get extra towels then, and at 10 a.m. to get additional towels and no one answered. The Bermuda Suite was extremely clean, had a fireplace, small refrigerator, and microwave. perfect for our one night stay! I plan to return to the Inn at Fairfield in June. If you are looking for a quiet early night's sleep, you do hear the music from the bar next door. If you are looking for some fun, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: The Bermuda room was perfect for a couple.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Diski08

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I can't say enough nice things about this establishment. Clean, updated and a very accommodating staff. Four nights with members of my extended family in a suite with two baths, two double beds, two couches, mini-fridge and a coffee maker. Muffins and orange juice left in the mini-fridge every day along with with clean linens and room cleaning. We considered the adjoining bar a plus. No need to worry about driving!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank jronstephens
InnatFfldBeach, Front Office Manager at The Inn at Fairfield Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back at the INN in the future.

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went for any overnight stay in Fairfield for a fall outing with friends. We both like the beach at any time of year so we decided a room within walking distance to the Sound would be a great addition to our plans.
We checked in and found our room to be quite inviting. We had the celestial room which wasn't too overdone. Bathroom had a nice tub & selection of products for use. There was also a small kitchenette with a fridge, sink & small micro.
We actually had a couple with us and found the room had a nice sitting area with an electric fireplace. You could also catch a glimpse of the ocean from the deck.
All in all a perfect spot for an overnight.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank DelilahsPicks
InnatFfldBeach, Front Office Manager at The Inn at Fairfield Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn in the future.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed here for one week when I was in town to attend a wedding. I was in the "cozy studio", which was perfect. We had a large bed, a pull out sleeper sofa (which we didn't use), and a good sized eating area and mini-kitchen. I bought food from the Stop and Shop close by, and was able to prepare a simple breakfast and lunch every day for myself. The hotel is about 20 steps from the Long Island Sound beaches, which were amazing. Service here was great, the rooms were clean and modern, and I felt I got a great deal at ~$130/night. If you're looking for a five star Crown Plaza or Marriot type experience, you'll be disappointed. This is a family run business, and they're doing a terrific job. The Seagrape is a bar right next door you can pop in for a drink. I see some reviewers posted that they had some noise issues. Granted, I'm a heavy sleeper ... but I was in a room *right* next to the Seagrape and was never bothered by any noise at all.

Room Tip: Ask for the cozy studio
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Foam4Daze

Please come again, we are very happy that you enjoyed our INN.
Cheers,

Reviewed June 22, 2012

We spent one night here while our daughter was at orientation at Fairfield University. The staff at check-in were very helpful and we had arrived early so they gave us a reccomendation to eat for breakfast which was very good. Upon return our room was ready and it was very nice. We stayed in the Nautical Room on the 3rd floor- nicely decorated and with a small kitchenette and seperate bedroom area. The beach across the street and down a lane was small but free and fit our needs on the 90degree day. Had a nice drink at Seagrapes next door and got some recomendations for dinner which worked out well. The Commanman is an excellent resturant that we have now eaten in twice and the service and food are excellent. I will be staying at the Inn at Fairfield beach over the next 4 years and will look forward to it!

Room Tip: rm 31 is a corner room top floor with nice views
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank dalme53654
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to welcoming you back the "THE INN' in the near future
Mary Merkle

Reviewed June 18, 2012

After having read other TripAdvisor reviews and checked out the hotel website prior to visiting, I already knew what to expect before checking in. Very nice establishment. If you're looking for upscale, you will probably find fault with the Inn. However, if you're looking to get away and relax in a fun, well-run, very clean beach hotel (well, close to the beach), then I recommend the Inn at Fairfield Beach. A pleasant community surrounds the hotel and it's fun that the rooms are all decorated differently. There is a sports bar next door that can get a bit loud, so if that bothers you, choose somewhere else. Overall, however, a refreshing alternative to the chains. I plan to return.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lloydering
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thank you for your kind words, come bqack soon.

Mary Merkle

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stayed here for two nights and loved the proximity to the water. I loved the proximity to the pub. And I liked that it was more like a small studio apartment than a hotel room. It has a mom and pop flavor to it which is also refreshing to me. I also liked that my suite had a sitting area where I could work and entertain. This place turned my business travel into a vacation.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Allan W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
The Circle Hotel Fairfield
#2 of 3 in Fairfield
Rodeway Inn Stratford
Rodeway Inn Stratford
#3 of 5 in Stratford

Been to The Inn at Fairfield Beach? Share your experiences!