“Interesting Stay”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Fairfield
Rhode Island
“Interesting Stay”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed one night at this Best Western. I was put into a king room and the TV didn't work, so they moved me accross the hall to a double room. Thats fine, things break.

The doubleroom had a very loud heater that vibrated and rattled. I was tired so instead of asking for a new room I just turned it off. Fast forward to around Midnight, I was woken by someone talking on the phone walking into my room. It seems when they moved me they did not mark the room as occupied.

As a business traveler, this hotel was below Courtyard, or even a Hampton Inn standards. Other than an english muffin every thing else for breakfast was not suitable for a dog to eat.

Room Tip: Make sure you put the lock on your room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. My apologies for your disappointment . I can assure you that is not our standards.
Gus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Denver, Colorado, USA
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Have stayed here in the past, and as always the staff is very friendly, nice to have access to breakfast, nad good location. Very disappointed in the cleanliness of the room, particularly the bathroom. The toilet had not been cleaned as evidenced by hairs around the seat, and urine stains on the seat and rim of the bowl. The room must not have had a deep clean in a while as evidenced by dirt and hair along the moulding. So some opportunity for improvement.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for recently staying with us. I am sorry to read that you were not completely satisfied with your stay at our hotel. It is our goal for every guest to feel comfortable and enjoy their stay. We have taken the appropriate measures to ensure that what you experienced in your room does not happen again
Regards,
General Manager .
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have never stayed at a hotel with better Customer servive then this Best Western. Forget something, they are always there to help. Gus and Rachelle are the best. The room was very spacious and emaculate. Great place to stay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the positive feedback about our staff. We truely try hard to make an impact on the guest experience by providing a memorable experience that our guest will not forget. We hope to see you again.
Best Regards,
Stamford, Connecticut, USA
Reviewed January 8, 2013

From the moment I stepped into my corner room the toilet did not have any suction, thus did not flush properly. At 4am I was awakened by the sound of running water and discovered that it was the toilet overflowing all over the bathroom floor. I was disgusted - I get this crap literally at home! I didn't feel like waking my spouse thus I CLEANED YOUR MESS UP AT 4AM WITH WHAT LITTLE TOWELS YOU PROVIDED! I spent a good hour sopping up the water and wringing out the towels. I was very upset and when my spouse woke up I had to tell him to use the toilet in the lobby and it was just 6am. Upon returning to the elevator not aware of what time it was, with the breakfast bar prematurely full of food, he was then chastized by your staff members that breakfast started at 6:30am. He ignored them and got us a tiny plate of food for our awful evening. We asked for late check-out and tried to sleep in but your cleaning staff started rounds at 8am and were terribly loud, slamming doors, etc until I had to step in the hallway and tell them I was trying to sleep - stupid. We couldn't wait to get home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank ANN R
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for taking a few moments to share your recent experience with me. Your comments are vital to us as we strive to exceed our guests expectations. I am so sorry to hear that we did not exceed all of your expectations.. I have reviewed all your concerns with all the appropriate staff and put procedures in place so that this does not reoccur. We hope that you will consider staying with us again.
West Norriton, PA
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The staff was very courteous and the room was clean. We have stay at the hotel a few times in the past year. It is located close to where our daughter and her husband live so it is convenient. We will return again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

All of us at the Best Western PLUS Black Rock Inn truly appreciate your kind words about our hotel. We strive every day to provide an exceptional experience for our guests and we’re very pleased to hear that we succeeded. I hope when your travels bring you back to this area we get the opportunity to host you again.
Queens, New York
Reviewed November 21, 2012

After being flooded out by hurricane Sandy, i unfortunately had to relocate. I made the last reservation available and have never met more hospitable, competent and assisting employees at a hotel. I remained at the hotel for in excess of ten days and throughout my stay the accommodations continued in an outstanding manner. This hotel is an excellent place to stay and looking forward to return in the future. My sincere thanks go out to Melissa, Michelle, Rochelle,Liz and Manager Gus for an outstanding hotel and great accommodations

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jefkar1,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the property and the staff. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We can't wait to have you come back and visit us again.

Gus Szkotnicki
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
The Circle Hotel Fairfield
#2 of 5 in Stratford
The Westport Inn
The Westport Inn
#1 of 1 in Westport

Been to Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel? Share your experiences!