“Bathroom toilet exploded at 4am!”

Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Fairfield
Stamford, Connecticut, USA
“Bathroom toilet exploded at 4am!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

From the moment I stepped into my corner room the toilet did not have any suction, thus did not flush properly. At 4am I was awakened by the sound of running water and discovered that it was the toilet overflowing all over the bathroom floor. I was disgusted - I get this crap literally at home! I didn't feel like waking my spouse thus I CLEANED YOUR MESS UP AT 4AM WITH WHAT LITTLE TOWELS YOU PROVIDED! I spent a good hour sopping up the water and wringing out the towels. I was very upset and when my spouse woke up I had to tell him to use the toilet in the lobby and it was just 6am. Upon returning to the elevator not aware of what time it was, with the breakfast bar prematurely full of food, he was then chastized by your staff members that breakfast started at 6:30am. He ignored them and got us a tiny plate of food for our awful evening. We asked for late check-out and tried to sleep in but your cleaning staff started rounds at 8am and were terribly loud, slamming doors, etc until I had to step in the hallway and tell them I was trying to sleep - stupid. We couldn't wait to get home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank ANN R
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for taking a few moments to share your recent experience with me. Your comments are vital to us as we strive to exceed our guests expectations. I am so sorry to hear that we did not exceed all of your expectations.. I have reviewed all your concerns with all the appropriate staff and put procedures in place so that this does not reoccur. We hope that you will consider staying with us again.
Gus Szkotnicki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
West Norriton, PA
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The staff was very courteous and the room was clean. We have stay at the hotel a few times in the past year. It is located close to where our daughter and her husband live so it is convenient. We will return again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

All of us at the Best Western PLUS Black Rock Inn truly appreciate your kind words about our hotel. We strive every day to provide an exceptional experience for our guests and we’re very pleased to hear that we succeeded. I hope when your travels bring you back to this area we get the opportunity to host you again.
Queens, New York
Reviewed November 21, 2012

After being flooded out by hurricane Sandy, i unfortunately had to relocate. I made the last reservation available and have never met more hospitable, competent and assisting employees at a hotel. I remained at the hotel for in excess of ten days and throughout my stay the accommodations continued in an outstanding manner. This hotel is an excellent place to stay and looking forward to return in the future. My sincere thanks go out to Melissa, Michelle, Rochelle,Liz and Manager Gus for an outstanding hotel and great accommodations

Dear Jefkar1,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the property and the staff. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We can't wait to have you come back and visit us again.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

The room was so small it was difficult to walk around the bed. The staff especially the breakfast person was very unfriendly and not willing to help out. The hotel is very clean and beds are comfortable but the staff did not make it worthwhile. The outside door near our room slammed shut every time someone went in or out. Not a relaxing time.

Dear Harriet G,

We thank you for taking the time to submitting a review. We here at The Best Western PLUS Black Rock Inn strive every day to give great customer service but apparently we failed to deliver that in this case. Rest assured that we take this very seriously and have put plans in place so that we continue to deliver great customer service.

Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed November 9, 2012

good customer service and the breakfast was delicious its clean and neat and well kept my daughter loved it which means the cable was good lol overall good experience me and my family had a total of 3 rooms and no one complained the guys loved the weight room the belgium waffles were amazing the best i've tasted i'm shocked to say the first night we ordered from primo pizza which has menu in each room it was great too good experience we stayed for 2 days

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Shalonda W,

Thank you for taking the time for writing a wonderful review.
We are so very happy to hear that yoou and your family enjoyed our breakfast and that you found our hotel " clean and neat and well kept and that your daughter loved it which means the cable was good lol overall good experience" . We are looking forward to hosting your family again.

Best Regards,
Lexington, KY
Reviewed October 28, 2012

It was late, it was raining, and we were exhausted and had no knowledge of the area. Saw the exit sign promising lodging, took the chance, and were glad we did.

I have limited experience with the Best Western chain but will be giving them a closer look in the future. This is a top-knotch place; not five-star, certainly, but for an interstate-adjacent hotel, more than adequate for all but the pickiest people.

Check in was quick and painless, and the desk clerk was VERY helpful with recommendations for where to get food, and find an open pharmacy, on a dark and rainy weekday night. Much appreciated!

The rooms were updated and clean. Beds were comfortable and with an abundance of pillows. Our room was quiet even though it was close to the dining area. The bathroom was clean and there was an adequate amout of bath and coffee amenities. A good night's rest was had.

The breakfast was great - hot entrees and a wide variety of pastries and cold cereals, even some fresh fruit; something here for everyone but the pickiest morning eaters. There were adequate tables and it wasn't crowded when we ate.

All in all a good experience for a last-minute choice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel, located within earshot of the Connecticut Turnpike, is clean and comfortable, and often booked solid because it is the only hotel in the center of Fairfield. The staff is courteous and the hotel is within walking distance of a couple of good restaurants though one has to cross several busy roads. Ask for one of the larger rooms if you are staying more than one night and see if you can get one that does not back on the Turnpike so truck traffic does not interfere with your sleep.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
The Circle Hotel Fairfield
#2 of 5 in Stratford
The Westport Inn
The Westport Inn
#1 of 1 in Westport

Been to Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel? Share your experiences!