“Great every time”

Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel 6 times in the last four years. On our way to NYC we had to make a stopover. I knew just the place! The staff is so friendly and location is great! The breakfast is a nice bonus. Also if you have someone at Fairfield University, this is a perfect place to stay. Great for orientation, parent's weekend, and graduation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank democoachrob
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay! We strive for excellence in hospitality and hope we proved to you how much we appreciate having you as our guest. We are all looking forward to seeing you again during your future trips to Fairfiled CT.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We lost power at our house because of the recent storms and had to find a local hotel to stay at. I never released we had such a great hotel right here locally. The gentleman at the desk (Gus) was extremely helpful and friendly. My family and I were very appreciative, esecially as high maintenance as we can be. Now that we relize the level of service at this hotel we'll refer incoming friends and family.

Room Tip: Rooms were clean/well maintained, but its that staff that made this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at the Best Western PLUS Black Rock Inn. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words. We look forward to seeing you and your friends returning to stay with us again.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Not too many hotels stand out in my mind, but my current visit to this hotel was quite impressive. After a brutal commute up 95, I just wanted to get to my room. This hotel was right off the highway and easy to find. I was greeted in the lobby by the Hotel Manager who's warm welcome & sense of humor was a pleasant surprise and genuinnely appreciated. My room was imaculate and every hotel associate I came in contact with was equally warm and genuine. I will definitely stay again, and recommend to friends, family, and co-workers that may travel in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at the Best Western PLUS Black Rock Inn. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a home away from home experience for all of our guests. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights in July. The rooms were clean and bright, the beds were comfy, the facilities were good (tea/coffee, free wi-fi, gym) and the location was quiet. The staff were all very pleasant, friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Dear Guest,

I want to personally thank you for your knd words about your stay, "The rooms were clean and bright, the beds were comfy, the facilities were good (tea/coffee, free wi-fi, gym) and the location was quiet. The staff were all very pleasant, friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone." We appreciate your buisness and look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Decent hotels in Fairfield County are pretty hard to come by - they are also expensive. And few permit dogs. The Best Western Black Rock in was great - clean, friendly, good pet policy, reasonably priced, well situated. Complaints - the room was not huge, big enough but with more than one person, I could see it being cramped. I only scored the room cleanliness 4 because when I first came in, there was a puddle of water and a soap wrapped down behind the bathroom door - a tiny oversight, after that, everything was perfect. Was traveling with a small dog and they were great about it - just a friendly attitude rather than special treats or facilities.

Room Tip: The hotel backs on to the 95 Freeway, if you are sensitive to noise, ask for a room at the front or...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Black Rock Inn was great! Very clean and spacious room. We hadn't been to CT in over ten years and were there for my oldest Uncle's Memorial Service. All the staff were very nice, but Martha and Manager Gus were especially helpful. Nice breakfast each morning included. Definitely recommend a stay here!
Jill & Kent

Dear Jill & Kent,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel has a maze-like quality making it difficult to find your room. Our room was small and set up in such a way that we couldn't get our suitcases into the room because the furniture was in the way. The staff was very unfriendly and not helpful at all; two staff members I tried to speak to said they didn't speak english. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We will be sure to share your comcerns with our staff to ensure we exceed your expectations in the furture.! I do hope that when you are in the Fairfield area again you will stay with us.

Best Western PLUS Black Rock Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
1 mi away
Delamar Southport
Delamar Southport
#1 of 1 in Southport
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton

Been to Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel? Share your experiences!