“Great Hotel Experience”

Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Black Rock Inn was great! Very clean and spacious room. We hadn't been to CT in over ten years and were there for my oldest Uncle's Memorial Service. All the staff were very nice, but Martha and Manager Gus were especially helpful. Nice breakfast each morning included. Definitely recommend a stay here!
Jill & Kent

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Dear Jill & Kent,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel has a maze-like quality making it difficult to find your room. Our room was small and set up in such a way that we couldn't get our suitcases into the room because the furniture was in the way. The staff was very unfriendly and not helpful at all; two staff members I tried to speak to said they didn't speak english. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We will be sure to share your comcerns with our staff to ensure we exceed your expectations in the furture.! I do hope that when you are in the Fairfield area again you will stay with us.

Best Western PLUS Black Rock Inn

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Here on business and what a nice surprise. The hotel was in great shape as was my room. the staff went out of their way to be friendly, and gave me some great choices for dinner and nearby entertainment for the evening. Martha the housekeeper even helped me with some grooming aids that I did not realize I had forgotten. I will bring my family if I have the chance. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The manager in the lobby greeting guests was a nice touch. More of an old fashioned innkeeper than a manager. Nice change from the usual.

Room Tip: Room 210 was great. Quiet and convenient.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank frankf2903
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for the review. We appreciate you chose The Best Western PLUS Black Rock Inn. I will share your comments with our team and look forward to your return

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This hotel more than met our expections. It was convenient, reasonably priced, pet friendly, nice size rooms, friendly staff, breakfast was adequate. It was quiet, easy access on/off I-95. The bed was so comfortable with lots of pillows. Only two thing that were a negative is that the lighting in the bathroom was very inadequate. It was more like night lighting or mood lighting. Not adequate for putting on make-up at all. Our keys kept getting deactivated and we had to go to the front desk and get them reprogrammed-and we didn't have them in the same area as our cell phones which they said could affect this.

We would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Dear valued guest,
Let me start by thanking you for completing the TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Gus Szkotnicki
Best Western PLUS Black Rock Inn.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Clean spacious rooms, clean hotel, great value, great location and GREAT STAFF!! Especially Liz, Michelle, Melissa, and Rachel! Highly professional, friendly, and courteous. My family and I just ended a three week stay while a renovation project was going on at our house. I would go back anytime and recommend this to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Dear valued guest,
Let me start by thanking you for completing the TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated. I truly appreciate your comments "Clean spacious rooms, clean hotel, great value, great location and GREAT STAFF!! Especially Liz, Michelle, Melissa, and Rachel! Highly professional, friendly, and courteous".

Sincererly,

Reviewed May 15, 2012

This is a well run hotel, the staff was very friendly,everyone who walk pass you greeted you with a smile and said hello can I help you very professional staff in this hotel, I never went to hotel and have the general manager(Gus)that interact with employees and guests he was in the lobby/breakfast area and greeting the guest all hotel should be this comforting considering you are away from home our room was very clean and the bed is so comfortable I didn't want to leave, I saw a young lady(Martha) and ask her about the mattress and the pillows she was very knowledgeable telling the name of the mattress and ask if we needed any extra linens or anything.
I will definitely stay here again because they made me feel like family I tell everyone who is looking to for a excellent hotel in the area to go there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jaslyn67
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My stay was excellent the people and service were perfect. I enjoyed every minute of my stay thanks to the courteous employees.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank vivian t
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Dear Vivian,

We truly appreciate your kind words about our "people and service were perfect. I enjoyed every minute of my stay thanks to the courteous employees". We strive every day to provide an exceptional experience for our guests and we’re very pleased to hear that we succeeded. I hope when your travels bring you back to this area you will stay with us again.

Sincererly,
Best Western PLUS Black Rock Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
The Circle Hotel Fairfield
#1 of 1 in Westport
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#2 of 5 in Stratford

Been to Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel? Share your experiences!