“Best choice in the area”

Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I've been to Bridgeport twice for business. I was told to stay in Fairfield (towns are side by side). Looking at the different options, the Black Rock Inn was the best choice. The staff are friendly and take good care of you. The continental breakfast was standard fare but free is always good. The hotel is close to where I had to go for business. It's very close to I-95 but you don't have the interstate noise keeping you awake at night. Overall, it's the only place that I will stay when visiting the Bridgeport / Fairfield area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Vandergod
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

I am delighted that you enjoyed you stay and thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Please don't hestistae to contact me next time you stay with us so that I can thank you in person for your review.

Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

Great service. Melissa was very helpful and very pleasant. she made our stay wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2012
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

We hope to see you soon,

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have been really impressed, I would compare this hotel to a Marriott / Sheraton / Hilton very professional staff I have to point out one that went above and beyond I was having trouble opening my door and I saw Martha who help me and told me about the breakfast, gym, and area restaurants that was very nice of her to do that and ask if I need extra towels or pillows she doing an excellent job and should be recognized this has the best service I have ever had at a hotel this hotel should be vote #1, I will always come to stay here and tell everyone I know who will look for a hotel in the future when traveling in this area the rooms it was very clean, sheets on the bed looks brand new, mattress is very comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We will be sure to share your comcerns with our staff to ensure we exceed your expectations in the furture.! I do hope that when you are in the Fairfield area again you will stay with us We hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

A very adequate hotel when visiting the Fairfield area. Since the options are limited, this is probably the only choice. The room was very clean comfortable. The room layout was what you would expect for a mid-range hotel and provided most amenities. The staff was very friendly and I was greeted warmly every time I entered the hotel.
The price includes breakfast, and although not extensive, it was fresh and offered both hot and cold offerings. The workout room is hard to find and pretty much in a dungeon in the basement, but I guess it would work in a pinch.
This hotel has kind of a strange layout with the different floors, but make sure you ask for a room NOT on the first floor. First of all, this is a pet friendly hotel, and pets are limited to first floor rooms. We actually heard barking as we were going to sleep, so be forewarned. Also, we were near a back entrance, and the noise from the doors opening and shutting (slamming) and rude people talking loudly as they returned to their rooms was very irritating.
All in all, we will probably stay here on our next visit to Fairfield.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Dear valued guest,
Let me start by thanking you for completing the TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I am am delighted to hear that "The staff was very friendly and I was greeted warmly every time I entered the hotel" We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Checkin staff not very welcoming or friendly. Our expensive king size room was awful, small with very tiny windows and hair in the bathroom....won't stay again.

Stayed: February 2012
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We will be sure to share your comcerns with our staff.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I really LOVE stay'n @the BEST WESTERN BLACK ROCK INN 100 Kings Highway Fairfield,CT. The staff is so friendly and very respectful! I LOVe using my reward card to earn points! Its so clean and a comfortable invironment to be in!! Thanks best western!!!

• Stayed: March 2012
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed you stay and thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope yo see you soon.

Gus Szkotnicki .

Reviewed January 28, 2012

The girl at the front desk assigned me to a room that had someone in it already. Opening a door to a stranger's room is a very awkward experience, and it is a big security issue too. She obviously did not know what she was doing, and she was talking on the phone with "Baby" -- I saw the phone screen when she put the phone down to finally help me -- instead of being available at the front desk to care about me.

In my new room, the window was unlocked and partially open. It was difficult to lock the window

Also, I booked and stayed for 2 nights, but my card stopped working after the first night. It was annoying to have to walk all the way around the building from the back parking lot to the front door, and it was doubly annoying to have to walk back to the front desk to get my key reprogrammed.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the freeway are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
blackrockinngm, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We will be sure to share your comcerns with our staff to ensure we exceed your expectations in the furture.! I do hope that when you are in the Fairfield area again you will stay with us And Please don’t hesitate to ask the front desk for restaurant suggestion they can recommend a few great places within walking distance to the hotel

We hope to see you again.

Doreen Lucero

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
1 mi away
Delamar Southport
Delamar Southport
#1 of 1 in Southport
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton

Been to Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel? Share your experiences!