“A delightful overnight stay.”

Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Upon arriival the desk clerk produced my reservation very promptly and offered us the delicious chocolate cookies provided at the desk. Our queen suite was immaculate with everything in good working order and although the location is near a highway we did not hear a sound. The beds were truly comfortable and I liked the quaint etchings of landscapes decorating the walls. The free breakfast offered a good variety of hot and cold food. We thoroughly enjoyed our overnight stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
blackrockinngm, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Dear Valued Guest:

I am delighted that you enjoyed you stay and thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Please don't hestistae to contact me next time you stay with us so that I can thank you in person for your review.

We hope yo see you soon,

Doreen

Reviewed November 10, 2011

this hotel's location is fine. friendly staff...my room was kind of dirty and NOISY.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not near the highway
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I apologize that we were not able to provide you with an exceptional stay. Please know we will look into this matter and do our best prevent this from occurring again. We hope that you will consider staying with us in future. Please feel free to call ahead and ask to speak to the Manager so we can assure you stay is enjoyable.

Assistant General Manager /Sales Manager

Reviewed November 1, 2011

The property is extremely clean, and the staff is friendly. The hotel has a strange layout, but it is not a hinderance.

Their breakfast is pretty much as you would expect, but we did see some fruit that was definitey expired. It happens, oh well.

The only true negative is that there is no kitchen, restaurant, or bar on premises. On business trips, I prefer to work while I eat, but that's me.

As for the area, this is definitely not a place to travel after summer. Literally nothing to do when it is too cold for boating.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Our Housekeeping department takes great pride in their work and I know they appreciate when guest comments on their hard work! I do hope that when you are in the Fairfield area again you will stay with us And Please don’t hesitate to ask the front desk for restaurant suggestion they can recommend a few great places within walking distance to the hotel

Reviewed September 26, 2011

We stayed here instead of staying in NYC. It was a great hotel. The train station was close and it was a quick trip into the city.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer M
blackrockinngm, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2011

Reviewed September 25, 2011

I recently stayed at the Best Western PLUS Black Rock Inn and I can't tell you how surprised I was by my accommodations and the service. Rooms were spotless and the Bed was comfortable I met the Housekeeping Supervisor in the hallway and she was friendly asked if I need extra towels and just to ask if i needed anything. The only thing was the room smelled a little musty , but that is to be expect with all the rain fall over the past few weeks. Front Desk Staff was great! Rachel was pleasant, well informed on placed to eat and things to do and best part she give spot on directions. Breakfast was good, to be honest I generally stay away from continental breakfast bar because they tend to be loaded with carbs, but they had a great selection of fruit and cottage cheese and eggs patties so i was a happy "camper" not to mention the Breakfast attendant Liz was great, she kept the place spotless and stocked! Keep the the good work guys and gals!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

Dear Valued guest:

Reviewed September 9, 2011

From the front desk to the cleaning staff, everyone is unfailingly polite and helpful. There are few places to stay in the area so this hotel gets a workout and it shows in the carpets which feel a bit grungy under foot, no matter how much they clean. There ia a vague mustiness to the air and I suspect that they need to rip up the carpet and replace the padding....all other aspects are fine. They could drop the air freshener in the a/c system. The staff are lovely people doing a very good job, they all deserve a raise!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I am usually pleased with Best Western, but this time I wasn't. I should have checked TripAdvisor first, because a room that did not face the busy highway would have been preferable. I was most disappointed with the bathroom...a shower curtain that reeked a mildew smell odorized the whole bathroom. The lighting in the bathroom was dim...it would have been great for a romantic dinner but not a bathroom. I didn't shower while staying here. Also, our television stations were all too fuzzy to watch with the exception of one. Also, the whole hotel had a strong cleanser smell. It is a good thing that cleaning is going on but it was too much. On the positive side they serve a decent breakfast and the front desk staff person was friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: ask for a room that does not face the highway
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
blackrockinngm, Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Dear Calajohn,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I apologize that we were not able to provide you with an exceptional stay; we hope that you will consider staying with us in future. Please feel free to call ahead and ask to speak to the Manager so we can assure you stay is enjoyable.

Assistant General Manager /Sales Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
The Circle Hotel Fairfield
#1 of 1 in Westport
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#2 of 5 in Stratford

Been to Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel? Share your experiences!