“Will try a different hotel next time”

Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Fairfield
Boston, Massachusetts
“Will try a different hotel next time”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I am usually pleased with Best Western, but this time I wasn't. I should have checked TripAdvisor first, because a room that did not face the busy highway would have been preferable. I was most disappointed with the bathroom...a shower curtain that reeked a mildew smell odorized the whole bathroom. The lighting in the bathroom was dim...it would have been great for a romantic dinner but not a bathroom. I didn't shower while staying here. Also, our television stations were all too fuzzy to watch with the exception of one. Also, the whole hotel had a strong cleanser smell. It is a good thing that cleaning is going on but it was too much. On the positive side they serve a decent breakfast and the front desk staff person was friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: ask for a room that does not face the highway
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
blackrockinngm, Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Dear Calajohn,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I apologize that we were not able to provide you with an exceptional stay; we hope that you will consider staying with us in future. Please feel free to call ahead and ask to speak to the Manager so we can assure you stay is enjoyable.

Doreen Lucero

Assistant General Manager /Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Northern Virginia
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Our queen room was cozy and clean. Our stay was quiet. We brought our greyhound, and it was no problem. I believe there was a $20 pet fee. The free breakfast was much better than expected: Waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, fruit. Our attendant, Liz Mitchell, was friendly and accommodating. A great pizza/Italian place across the street, too.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Randolph, New Jersey
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Stayed here while in the area for a family event. My room was very clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated. Front desk representative was very accommodating when I asked for a quiet room (no neighbors). From reading prior reviews, I also knew to ask for a room on the non-highway side of the hotel. Complimentary breakfast was wonderful - lots to choose from, hot and cold! All hotel personnel were pleasant, professional, and eager to assure my comfort. Great location relative to area eateries/amenities, and convenient to Rt. 95. Great value for the price. Will be back!

Room Tip: Ask to be on non-highway side of hotel.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
England
Reviewed June 16, 2011

There doesn't seem to be that much choice of places to stay in Fairfield / Black Rock but this suffices. It's clean and tidy and comfortable. The rooms are well apointed but very small, but the bathrooms are fine. The breakfast which is included is served in the hall - which is a bit dull. The choice is also a bit limited. However, for an early morning bite and a drink it's fine. It quite convenient though. Free wifi and internet with printing is a nice touch.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
blackrockinngm, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Dear Dr. Will England
Doreen Lucero
Assistant General Manager /Sales Manager
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Power was out for about 90 minutes. Many of the emergency lights did not work. No elevator. Staff did not have any emergency communications gear and had to borrow my cell phone! Breakfast was so-so. Overpriced, to say the least.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
D
Dear ValuedGuest,
My apologizes for any inconvenience that you may have experienced when the power went out. Please be rest assured that we have had all of our emergency lighting & communication backups checked and they are in working order. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you when visiting the Fairfield area.

Best regards,
Best Western Plus Black Rock Inn
Franklin Park, IL
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Enormous room, bright & immaculate. Well insulated & QUIET.
Staff friently and courteous. Really nice continental breakfast.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
blackrockinngm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Reviewed May 15, 2011

The room was small but clean, our windows could open so we were happy. The staff-- front desk and cleaners-- provided all our needs, including time of cleaning. A special doff of the hat to Liz Mitchell in the breakfast area. She kept everything topped up and very clean. She also provided guidance on using the waffle maker, and courtesy to guests who didn't follow instructions. I commend her highly.

• Stayed May 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
The Circle Hotel Fairfield
#2 of 5 in Stratford
The Westport Inn
The Westport Inn
#1 of 1 in Westport

Been to Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel? Share your experiences!