“Slow Service”

Avellino's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Avellino's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 219 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Slow Service”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We went on a Wed. at around 6:00. The restaurant was busy but there were a few tables open.
We were given bread and water right away but the server didn't come for quite a while. It was uncomfortably warm in there, too...didn't seem they had the AC on high enough or there weren't enough vents. This is the third time we've been here and it's the second time we've had very, very slow service. They need to have one more server. The veal piccata was good, although not as tender as we had expected and the eggplant rollatini was delicious. The atmosphere is loud, so if you're looking to dine where you can carry on a converstation, look elsewhere...

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Rainey_11
PDF06824, Owner at Avellino's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit, I want to apologize for the slow service and for the restaurant not feeling cool enough this past Wednesday. We were extremely busy for a weeknight especially with very few reservations. Unfortunately we've always had a problem with the air conditioning so this year we replaced two units, but we didn't put a lock over the thermostat which will be install today so when it gets to cold no one but the staff will be able to make adjustments. Also it does tend to get a little loud when it's a full house with 3 separate groups celebrating Birthdays. I have to say I'm not sure what could have happened with your Veal Picatta, same purveyor, same preparation, always cooked to order.

Monroe
“Very nice meal”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We went to eat at 6:30.When we got there the restaurant was fairly empty. I have never been there so when we walked in and I saw the tables lined up one next to the other I asked if we could not sit at one of those table. The little kid waiting on us said OK and walked us to one of the tables where I just asked not to sit. I again asked if we could sit somewhere else and the little kid said no. I stared at him for a while, not saying anything and he again said this is the only table they have. I sat down and now had a big hair up my butt.

Our waitress came over and was extremely nice. The food was really good and it wasn't overpriced. This made up for the kid telling me what to do and seeing the other empty table for two empty.

I'm still a little burned about the kid. (can you tell?) I would however go again and just not let the kid bully me. I think he was about 14 years old. If I weren't with my wife and thinking of her, I would have left but, I'm glad i stayed.

• Visited July 2013
Dear Mr. Joseph S.,
I'm also glad you stayed. The young baby face boy you referred to is my son Salvatore the youngest (16) and newest family member to Avellino's. I want to thank you for not being to hard on him, he may have been at a loss of words. A couple of reasons why he might not have been able to move your table is that we get a lot of requests for specific tables or sometimes we need certain tables to join with other tables to accommodate larger parties.

Thanks Again

Peter Del Franco
“True Italian, a Fairfield Staple!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant never disappoints. From the bread, evoo and plentiful shredded Parmesan, to the perfectly portioned appetizers and meals. The owner has always been accommodating and pleasant. Yea, sometimes it's unexpectedly busy, but sit and enjoy. It's worth going! It's a small business with great heart and soul. They will even make something not on the menu. Please check it out!

• Visited May 2013
Dear AJffldct, we appreciate your wonderful review, and look forward to seeing you soon.

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience.

Fairfield, Connecticut
“Glad we finally went to Avellino's”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Have lived in Fairfield for a while but did not try Avellino's until recently - wished we had gone earlier - it will become one of our regular stops.

Excellent service and a great dining area, The waiter was attentive but not intrusive.

Both entree's were very good.

We are planning to go back.

• Visited April 2013
PDF06824, Owner at Avellino's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you, we appreciate you giving us the opportunity with all the other restuarant choices out there. We Look forward to seeing you soon. Thanks again Peter DelFranco
Trumbull, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cold food, cold service, cold shoulder. . .”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I joined a group of colleagues for an "earlyish" meal. We ordered a couple of bottles of wine and a few appetizers. It will definitely be our first and last visit to this restaurant - it's a shame, because we certainly like to support local businesses!

After a twenty-minute wait, we finally had our waiter take our order. After asking for a couple of wine recommendations, I might as well have asked a question from my son's alebra book; absolutely clueless. Once we were drinking some wine and had ordered some appetizers, I was extremely concerned that our food had been delivered, cold (It looked as though it had been stagnant for a while) and was quite literally unpleasant to eat.

Also, the bathrooms leave a lot to be desired! (Perhaps some Lysol would do the trick)

• Visited April 2013