“Excellent food and great service”

Avellino's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Avellino's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 224 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I have been here numerous times now.

The restaurant is family owned and operated and it shows. The staff goes out of their way to be accommodating while running a very popular restaurant.

Recently, we experienced a mix up with our reservation for a Saturday night. Although the restaurant was sold out and was apologetically turning away people who did not have reservations, the owners asked us to wait a few minutes and accommodated us.

The restaurant is very popular, so I would recommend reservations especially on weekend evenings.

We have tried something new on each of our trips to Avellino's and have not been disappointed once.

Definitely one of the few places where you can go and have something different every time and walk away saying it was one of the best dinning nights.

There are newer reviews for Avellino's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Nice looking place, but that's about it. My husband and I would go for dinner and I often went for lunch with my friends. I do not know what happened but this place went way DOWN THE HILL!!
Being a regular for many years, the last visit was sooo horrible, lunch time. We were placed in a corner table and ignored for most of our time there. It looked as if there was a business lunch with 3 men on the other side of the place, by the window or possible food critics, bc the staff was so involved with them, as in brown noses!! It was ridiculous. It seemed as if the US president was at the table and no one else in the place existed. They ignored the other 3 tables and I could see clients becoming annoyed. They were blatantly disgusting and rude. I was appalled and have not been back since. The food was mediocre at best. So sad, because this used to be a gem of a place downtown.
The staff is rude and uninviting! I spent at minimum $6,000 yearly between lunch and dinner, myself, not including friends and family I came with. You would think they would appreciate a consistent regular customer. Truly a shame!

1  Thank ffldmom924
PDF06824, Owner at Avellino's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Mrs.Lulu, first I want to apologize with respect to your last visit, it is very unfortunate you had such a bad experience. I do want you to know that after reading your review I made some staffing changes that have improved the amount of guest that are returning for lunch so I would like to thank you also would to extend an olive blanch for you to give us another chance especially since we were held in such high regards and judging from your other reviews that is no easy feat. I wish to thank you in advance and I look forward to the opportunity serving you again. Peter Del Franco

I would have responded sooner had I realized how to access this part of my account

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Avellino's is on the Post rd easy to get to. It's family runned the food is very good, the service is great and it's priced reasonable the only problem that i have with this place is that when they are busy you can fell the rush pressure which is never good. I want to sit and enjoy my coffe and with my family/friends after a meal so that makes me not go there on the weekend.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We have eaten in many high end restaurants in Fairfield County but we keep coming back here. No, it is not haut cuisine, more Italian comfort food at a VERY reasonable price. The linguini with white clam sauce is second to none, and $10 less for the same dish elsewhere. Excellent veal and gnocchi dishes

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We recently had dinner here. We enjoyed our dinner. The food was very good and served piping hot. The portions were generous as well. The staff gave us excellent service.

PDF06824, Owner at Avellino's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you very much cttraveller. I look forward to seeing you soon. Peter Del Franco