“very nice ! good food - great menu and nailed the flavors”
Review of Baro - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Baro
Cuisines: Latin
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I don't what the reviews are talking about it being expensive ? 3 of us - wine and plenty of food total bill $140 bucks that's under the average price for a night out. And the food was very good- I had the Mofungo- best I've had in the states, still not as good a PR makes it, but close, the Shrimp ceviche was excellent- they really nailed that dish. You must try the jalapeno hummus, tasty. While we only had wine the drink selection looked very good and I'll be back for a cocktail evening

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Once we sat down it took 15 mins to put in a drink order and another 15 to get them. The food was alright and it was great to hear the specials after we had finished ordering a ton of food. At the end of the day with so many other options in the area I won't be returning any time soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Excellent atmosphere - great lighting and seating arrangement so that it's cozy but not crowded. Delicious fresh guacamole and chips, good yucca bread for those of you non-gluten dieters who are craving warm bread. Ceviche is good too as are the cocktails.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

If you want to hang out at a new bar to meet up in Fairfield and are tired of the older meat market of Grey Goose, this would be a nice place.
If you are starving, be prepared to shell out a lot of money for little food.
We understand Tapas are just appetizers, but this is rediculous.
Food was so so, the Guacamole was watered down and served with potato chips.
We were expecting something like Bodega where at least the portion is generous with real Natcho chips.
The chicken skewers were 2 strips of chicken on tooth picks, served with ketchup.
My date and I had 4 tapas and 2 drinks total, already pushing $70.00 we decided to stop at that point and go elsewhere.
Sorry, not going back.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Went with the wife for a weeknight out, and we were looking for some Latin cuisine. Very easy to park in the large lot in back of the restaurant. Very safe and convenient. We were told there was a 20 minute wait - the restaurant and bar both looked crowded. We found a seat at the bar and had a nice drink. The bartenders were very cordial and prompt, even introducing us to the other two bartenders. We were seated within the time we were told we'd have to wait. The waitress was courteous. It seemed they were not over or understaffed. We ordered a couple of tapas plates and I added a full beef dinner plate as well. My wife's fish plate was good, but she said she's had better. My dinner was a little on the dry side, but still tasty - I usually don't get too frustrated with the meals, plus the tapas (emanadas, tacos) were on the plus side for quality. Overall, between two drinks, three tapas plates and a dinner plate, our meal came to almost $80. For Fairfield, I'd consider that on the high side. In sum, I'd recommend Baro as a place to go to try it out, it might be for you. For us, we'll say that we've been there, done that, and will try another tapas restaurant. Or return to Mezon in Danbury.