“It's not your college Ramen!”
Review of Mecha Noodle Bar

Mecha Noodle Bar
Ranked #9 of 224 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Asian
Description: Asian cuisine, including soul food and ramen. Does lunch, dinner, and drinks, as well as take-out. Open from 11:30 AM to 10:00 PM.
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in to see if CT magazine knew what they were talking about giving this place a "best of Ct" rating. Great service and great food. The kale salad is awesome and based on what I heard while there, next time I'll save room for the milk pudding.

There are newer reviews for Mecha Noodle Bar

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Asian themed mix and match noodle type, soup base, flavoring, and meat (or vegetarian) at either the bar or communal table setting.
Very popular and crisp efficient service.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I am writing this review from my bed, recovering from my meal at Mecha. Perhaps my stomach is not used to the spicy dishes or perhaps I was served a bad meal. Either way, the vegetarian ramen was spicy and otherwise unremarkable. The shrimp on a bed of spicy shredded vegetable was not my cup of tea. I will not be returning anytime soon. First time I have been ill from a meal in some time.

1  Thank BestOfWestportCT
Reviewed February 22, 2014

What a great pleasure to have an Asian restaurant that does not homogenize its menu to make Americans happy and the result being the 'best asian'…in Fairfield. The amazing noodle soups from Thailand or China…the best vegetarian dumplings every tasted (the mushroom)…and if you've never tried chinese 'rice cake'..order theres but if you don't like spicy…have them moderate the spice….rice cakes are amazing (no..not like rice cakes that you buy in the store to snack on….an amazing rice pasta) and how happy were we to find them outside of Flushing's Chinatown or….China! Go! It is much more subdued during the week and the servers…..they are fantastic.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

First time vistors, went because we had heard good things -- all true. Small but inviting space. Very good service. Good explanation of the interesting menu options and recommendations from our waiter (try the Red Oil Dumplings). Lots of good tasty choices at value prices. Give it a try.