“Disappointing”

Dining options: Reservations
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Although the service and décor were good the food was very disappointing. I had the lasagna which was tasteless. My wife had the special of stuffed shells with baby meatball. She said that although it was smothered with melted cheese(which she loves) the meatballs(only 1 small meatball) tasted like they weren't fresh made(more like from a frozen dinner entrée) and you could hardly find the stuffed shells amid all the cheese. It was almost as though they were trying to hide the stuffed stuffed shells with an overabundance of cheese. Too bad at one time I thought the food here was pretty good. Sal B.of Fairfield

• Visited July 2013

Roaring Brook Twp,
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Restaurant Review”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Well: what a magnificent place to eat, drink and be merry. From the moment we were escorted to our table by our waiter Remmy I think his name was; to our wine that tasted divine: I had a Chiante, to the meal which tasted so delish and so much was given we all took home a generous amount. Would definately go back.

• Visited February 2013
Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Best Italian in Fairfield County”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have lived in Fairfield county for over 50 years. There are many great Italian restaurants, but in 2013, Cinzano's is one of the best. It is family owned and the food is home made and very creative. Special requests and alterations are made(I tend to like what I like). The staff is attentive, but expect 20min to get served as home made food takes time. The deserts vary and are always mouth watering. Suggest reservations on Saturday eve, otherwise rarely a problem getting seated. The inside atmosphere is better than average, casual dress with full bar. A bit pricey for Fairfield, but large portions, especially pasta dishes & worth ever penny, Great for treating special guests or yourselves.

• Visited January 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
“very high quality; solid menu; ginormous portions”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I've eaten at Cinzano's numerous times while visiting family in Fairfield. The food has always been very good-the portions are enormous. Virtually everyone I see leaves with a doggie bag with sufficient food for another meal. Service is attentive. Wine list is solid. Because of the meal portions, I've never been able to order dessert. If you live in Fairfield (and even if you don't), this neighborhood restaurant is worth a visit.

• Visited February 2013
Pennsylvania
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our dinner experience at Cinzano's was great! Our waiter, Metin (Martin), made our dining experience memorable and wonderful! The food was great...the portions were large and everyone enjoyed their dinner. Metin was so accomodating to our famliy gathering...he was so attentive and gracious. Our entire dining experience was wonderful!

• Visited March 2013