“Best Pizza North of NYC”

Maione's Brick Oven Pizza
Ranked #138 of 217 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Maione's Brick Oven Pizza & Ristorante, located in Fairfield, Connecticut, has been providing fresh, homemade meals since 1998. Our extensive variety of pasta dishes, chicken, veal, fish, grinders, soups, and famous brick oven pizzas will satisfy your needs for a good old fashion Italian dinner. Maione's offers both lunch and dinner, including adult beverages and appetizing dessert options. We also provide catering for parties of any size!
Fairfield, CT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Pizza North of NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2010

There is no better pizza in Fairfield County besides Maione's. It's not *really* a sit-down place, even though you can. If you've ever been there on a Friday night for pick-up, though, you'd see it's more than popular locally to forgo the numerous delivery options. All of their specialty pizzas are amazing, but I'm still a fan of the plain cheese, which tells you a lot about the quality of their ingredients and cooking.

Their sandwiches are also great: great bread, fresh ingredients, interesting/non-traditional combinations. French fries are not the best, but it's not Maione's French Fries, so all's forgiven. I'm originally from Philly and think their cheesesteaks are pretty close, (not as greasy, which is actually a good thing) although I wish they had chicken cheesesteak on the menu, as well.

I'm a huge fan of Bleeker St. Pizza in the W. Village (Nonna Maria) and would say Maione's holds up to that standard, which is pretty darn good. So far, it's the best pizza I've encountered in CT.

1 Thank CTXine

Buffalo, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fairfields best kept secret!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2008

The majority of my relatives are located in southwest CT, so my family and I are frequently commuting there from upstate NY. One day we decided to order a pizza to take to my sisters house from this quaint little Italian restaurant on the corner of Stratfield road. That pizza didn't last very long at all! My family and I agreed it was the BEST pizza we had eaten in a VERY long time. (And IM a New Yorker, by the way) Before we could order another one, they had already closed - so we made it a point to make sure we left NY a bit earlier so we would have enough time to enjoy Maiones again.

The next weekend we decided to sit down and enjoy a meal inside the restaurant. The waitress we had was so friendly (My kids now refer to her as Auntie Margie) and was able to elaborate on ANY dish we had questions about. The kids enjoyed some Grinders, which they both just cannot get enough of, while my wife and I ate Linguini and Pene pasta dishes.

We visit Maiones on a regular basis now, and is somewhat the highlight of our excursions to southwestern CT! I would recommend this restaurant to any and everyone who might be passing through the area! Give it a chance, and this little restaurant will surprise you!

1 Thank JosephMasterson
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Makes a great meatball pizza!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2008

Makes a great meatball pizza!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
desco
“overall bad experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2008

Stopped in with with my son for dinner. We found the waitstaff rude and unorganized. After being seated, we waited 15 minutes to be waited on. No one came to offer a beverage or deliver water. Waitstaff couldn't answer questions regarding the menu. Certainly the worst Italian food we've ever tasted.

ct
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“just like mamma's cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2007

An overall great place with a homey comfortable setting to enjoy a fresh slice of delicious pizza, dive into your favorite Italian dish, or try a specialty entree with a crisp glass of wine. The fried calamari are out of this world!! The food is definitley fresh and just like mamma's. The service if friendly and the cute little Italian chef (Eva...if I remember) is remarkable...made me feel like I was at home with my Italian family...a reason why I keep going back. Check out this place if you're in the area..it's worth it and won't put a dent in your retirement savings. Trust me, You'll Be Back!!!! Buon Appetito!!

1 Thank twinturbos