“Great Meatball Grinders”

Maione's Brick Oven Pizza
Ranked #138 of 224 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Maione's Brick Oven Pizza & Ristorante, located in Fairfield, Connecticut, has been providing fresh, homemade meals since 1998. Our extensive variety of pasta dishes, chicken, veal, fish, grinders, soups, and famous brick oven pizzas will satisfy your needs for a good old fashion Italian dinner. Maione's offers both lunch and dinner, including adult beverages and appetizing dessert options. We also provide catering for parties of any size!
Reviewed July 25, 2012

One of my favorite lunch time treat has always been the Meatball Parm Grinder. Maiones' grinder satisfies me each and every time!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We used to go here all the time and it was unmatched in quality. My wife and I went there this past Friday and it was like they gave up. When the olives and bread came out there were already eatin olives under new olives as if they used someone else's plate from a previous table (almost threw up). The calamari came out rubbery had decent flavor but not as good as it was in the past. Lastly when had taken our left overs to go and when we went to eat them it was half the amount we had left over and it tasted like soap. Truly a disgusting experience. After going there and raving about it for 2 straight years we will never go there again.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

We recently sampled a few different kinds of their pies and salads. I am a former New Englander and everytime I go back for a visit I look forward to getting finally getting decent pizza. In contrast those made in the Philadelphia area don't compare.

Maione's was not on par with what I come to expect from my return trips. The pizza was not terrible but was just OK. The crust was chewy and had the burned edges you would expect. But the sauce and toppings were unremarkable. The salds were fresh and had shaved cheese, sort of an italian twist.

I would give them another try though during a return visit.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

We have lived in Ffld County a long time, and we are devoted to Maione's. Their pizza comes very close to true NY-style pizza, with sauce that is not too sweet, just the right amount of cheese, and a crisp, chewy, slightly smoky crust. Grab a couple of those babies, buy yourself a six pack, get into your coziest 'jammies, and park yourself in your own little slice of heaven. I don't even mind so much that they don't deliver, because I think the pizza might not be as good.

The food in the restaurant is also very good, but space is limited, so you usually can't sit and eat pizza for dinner. But you can console yourself with one of their delicious salads; I am a big fan of the sliced pear with walnuts and goat cheese. Their pastas are all very good, especially the puttanesca, the alfredo, and the plain marinara. If you go all the way past primi into secundi, the dinners will never disappoint. I have a 16-year old son who routinely polishes off a salad, pasta, and either the salmon with mashed potatoes or one of the veal dishes. Their desserts are also very good, including a pistachio pudding-type thing, orange sherbert frozen in the orange, and a chocolate bomba. The house Chianti is excellent, and the staff are very friendly and accomodating.

The decor used to be prettier, with a trellised ceiling, but they did a renovation a couple of years ago and it 's not quite so pretty. The walls are a real Italian gold, though, and the seating along the wall banquette is very comfortable.

Whenever I can't think of where to go for dinner, I always go to Maione's.

1  Thank Mollybloom51
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I paid for take food with a debit card, they charged my account twice, and they still won't credit me even after I provided copies of my bank statement. And by the way, the food is only decent and definitely overpriced.