“"Customer is always right" doesn't apply at this place.”

Maione's Brick Oven Pizza
Ranked #141 of 217 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Maione's Brick Oven Pizza & Ristorante, located in Fairfield, Connecticut, has been providing fresh, homemade meals since 1998. Our extensive variety of pasta dishes, chicken, veal, fish, grinders, soups, and famous brick oven pizzas will satisfy your needs for a good old fashion Italian dinner. Maione's offers both lunch and dinner, including adult beverages and appetizing dessert options. We also provide catering for parties of any size!
Bridgeport, Connecticut
“"Customer is always right" doesn't apply at this place.”
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I paid for take food with a debit card, they charged my account twice, and they still won't credit me even after I provided copies of my bank statement. And by the way, the food is only decent and definitely overpriced.

Visited April 2011

Rockaway, New Jersey
“A delight”
Reviewed April 16, 2010

My family shared a pizza with mushrooms-fresh; onions-soft, pepperoni-spiced, but not greasy- and gave it a sitting ovation !! We started with caesar salad- bravo- and ended with Lucy's homemade Tiramisu-WOW! We made "yummy sounds" all through the meal. It was so sweet because we are from NJ. and told them we came there because they are #1 on Trip Advisor and we agree---they did not know and were so excited!!

Connecticut
“Best Italian food outside of NYC.”
Reviewed March 31, 2010

No matter what you are in the mood for..Chicken, Fish, or Pasta. There is not one dish that will not make your mouth water. Everything is freshly made as ordered and you could really tasted the difference. Maiones makes you feel right at home..

Fairfield, CT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Pizza North of NYC”
Reviewed January 7, 2010

There is no better pizza in Fairfield County besides Maione's. It's not *really* a sit-down place, even though you can. If you've ever been there on a Friday night for pick-up, though, you'd see it's more than popular locally to forgo the numerous delivery options. All of their specialty pizzas are amazing, but I'm still a fan of the plain cheese, which tells you a lot about the quality of their ingredients and cooking.

Their sandwiches are also great: great bread, fresh ingredients, interesting/non-traditional combinations. French fries are not the best, but it's not Maione's French Fries, so all's forgiven. I'm originally from Philly and think their cheesesteaks are pretty close, (not as greasy, which is actually a good thing) although I wish they had chicken cheesesteak on the menu, as well.

I'm a huge fan of Bleeker St. Pizza in the W. Village (Nonna Maria) and would say Maione's holds up to that standard, which is pretty darn good. So far, it's the best pizza I've encountered in CT.

1 Thank CTXine
Buffalo, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fairfields best kept secret!”
Reviewed August 31, 2008

The majority of my relatives are located in southwest CT, so my family and I are frequently commuting there from upstate NY. One day we decided to order a pizza to take to my sisters house from this quaint little Italian restaurant on the corner of Stratfield road. That pizza didn't last very long at all! My family and I agreed it was the BEST pizza we had eaten in a VERY long time. (And IM a New Yorker, by the way) Before we could order another one, they had already closed - so we made it a point to make sure we left NY a bit earlier so we would have enough time to enjoy Maiones again.

The next weekend we decided to sit down and enjoy a meal inside the restaurant. The waitress we had was so friendly (My kids now refer to her as Auntie Margie) and was able to elaborate on ANY dish we had questions about. The kids enjoyed some Grinders, which they both just cannot get enough of, while my wife and I ate Linguini and Pene pasta dishes.

We visit Maiones on a regular basis now, and is somewhat the highlight of our excursions to southwestern CT! I would recommend this restaurant to any and everyone who might be passing through the area! Give it a chance, and this little restaurant will surprise you!

1 Thank JosephMasterson