“The Best thick cut bacon!!”

Michael Gennaro's Steakhouse
Ranked #16 of 216 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“The Best thick cut bacon!!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have been to Michael Gennaro's many times and every time I have it get the thick cut bacon and oysters!!!! I have been to many steakhouses that claim to have thick cut bacon and it is nothing more than what I can find at the store and cook myself. The thick cut bacon at Michael Gennaro's is truly amazing!! It never disappoints. The oysters are also fabulous and it doesn't matter which one....they all are great!!
The steaks completely live up to your expectations and are cooked perfectly. The staff is wonderful and paces your meal to what you want - whether you are there to dine and want to enjoy a cocktail before ordering or if you are starving and need thick cut bacon fast!!

Orange, CT.
“M.G's. tops for steaks in CT.”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I recently had dinner here in a group of ten and I was so impressed with both the quality of the steaks and appetizers and the prompt courteous service that I am compelled to write this review. If you add this into the presence of the owner and his genuine concern for his patron's satisfaction, you have a winner.
The NY strip was wonderful and all the other guests had various entrees and appetizers and everybody raved about their dishes.The atmosphere is nice and sophisticated but well lit. Meals were cooked to perfection and came out nice and hot.
This restaurant is better than Capitol Grill in Stamford and way better than Carmen Anthony's in New Haven. I was so impressed I made a reservation for my birthday in 3 weeks before leaving.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank marrs5
Southport, CT
“Dinner”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Great dinner. Bit of a slow night due to a holiday, so we received some extra attention. The porterhouse was out of sight. The only thing we'd like to see changed is to have some healthier choices for sides with the steak - some steamed broccoli for example. We met the owner on the way out, we told him we were there to celebrate a special occasion, and he was thoughtful enough to offer a gift. We'll be back!

Fairfield, Connecticut
“Michael Gennaro's still a winner”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Hadn't been to MG's in a while and my daughter wanted to celebrate her birthday there.
I am delighted to report that the food and service remain terrific! Love the new menu. I had the crab stuffed mushrooms, lots or tender crabmeat with a delicious light sauce. I could have had that for an entrée as there are 3 large mushroom caps. I had the special, seared scallops on mushroom risotto which was delicious. My husband and daughter shared the tomahawk steak
and loved it. They shared an order of mac and cheese with lobster which is to die for! They also ordered the brussel sprouts and said they were very good. He makes the best cappuchino in the state. Our waiter was very attentive so I am very happy to report that Michael Gennaro's remains one of our favorite restaurants.

Trumbull, Connecticut
“Return visit to Michael Gennaro's”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

On my return visit to Michael Gennaro's, I was again struck with the warm and welcoming venue. My meal was delicious, and I observed how the dining parties around me were engaged in what appeared to be a very enjoyable dining experience. I will continue to patronize this restaurant.