“Second Visit even better than the First”

Michael Gennaro's Steakhouse
Ranked #14 of 217 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
fairfield, ct
“Second Visit even better than the First”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was my second visit to the restaurant (six couples celebrating my wife's birthday) and it exceeded my first, very good, visit. The service we received was top notch, attentive without being overbearing. Also, Michael himself came over a couple of times to make sure everything was good; knowing that this was a birthday celebration he even placed a liquer bottle on the table and told us it was on the house. As for the food, it was uniformly excellent. I started with a thick mushroom soup that was delicious, and most of us ordered the 8 oz. steak au poivre, each one cooked as order, served with asparagus and mashed potato. One of us order the porterhouse medium rare and it too was terrific. The bacon appetizer is delicious and easily shareable, as are the onions and the lobster mac and cheese. To wash it all down we ordered a couple of bottles of their house cabernet which is quite tasty. If you have room for dessert just remember that are sizable and shareable. All in, including cocktails and wine, the bill was $100/pp, well worth it for the experience and quality. The restaurant is fairly small with a lively car scene so reservations are highly recommended.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank georgeandsheryl

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really fantastic!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My wife and I tried Michael Gennaros Steakhouse for the first time. We had talked about going for a little while, but we were hesitant because we could not believe a great steakhouse existed in the Fairfield area. Especially in a little shopping center. Boy, were we wrong! We had one of the best dining experiences we have had in quite a long time. The food, service, ambiance, overall wonderful evening was just such a pleasant surprise. Michael and his staff took such amazing care of us and the food was really wonderful. We will go back on a regular basis. Really a great evening all around!

1 Thank Manhattan1970
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Number 1 in Fairfield. Really?”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

So while I depend on Trip Advisor this time it was only fair.If Michael Gennaro is the best in Fairfield Ct (as of 2/22/13) than you better try another city close by. The service was great but the back ground music made it very hard to talk (in a booth table no less). It is located in a small strip mall with a Thai restaurant and a pizza shop. On a Friday night pretty empty. As for the food the portions were plentiful as was the bill. Steaks good but hardly exceptional. All in all one can do better. It was better than average so it gets 4 stars but I would call it good not very good.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank rrketw
Fairfield, CT.
“Outstanding Food & Service”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I stumbled upon Michael Gennaro's Steakhouse when we were trying to find a new place to go on a rare night out from our four-year old daughter. After consulting Tripadvisor, always so helpful to us in the past, we decided to give it a try seeing how it was the number one restaurant in Fairfield. The owner, Michael, greeted us enthusiastically and checked on us several times during the night to see if we were enjoying our meal. Our server was wonderful - always there to check if we needed anything, help us with our selections, and constantly refilling our water glasses. We decided to split the Tomahawk Ribeye Steak and sides of sauteed mushrooms and creamed spinach, although the Gnocchi Con Fungi sounded amazing, too. I am certainly not a connoisseur of steaks and have only gone to a few steakhouses in my life, but this was by far the best steak I ever have had. The sides were great, especially the sauteed mushrooms. I was really hoping for a baked potato since I remember the fantastic one we had at Mortons' many years ago, but they only offered mashed and scalloped potatoes - maybe in the future this can be an option. Aside from the exceptional food, we really felt like the staff wanted to be sure that we were happy and went out of their way to take care of us - to me, that is almost more important than the food and also not that easy to find in this area. We look forward to our next visit - maybe this time we will try the pasta, too!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank julieafair
“Omg! Yes!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Hands down ye best steak I have ever had! Took my boyfriend here for a surprise dinner and omg! Yes! Deff worth it! The tomahawk steak was huge!! Haha I had the filet with the congyac sauce! I can taste it now! Deff recommend to everyone if your in the area!

3 Thank Cha2188