“Disappointing!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Weston, CT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Our group of six went for dinner after a museum visit in Hartford. The place looked glamorous, but the food was an disappointment. I ordered seafood bouillabaisse in curry fish soup. The portion was generous with lots of seafood, but the taste, especially the soup, was awful. The purpose of seafood in curry soup was to take the fishy taste away, but the taste was just as fishy as it could be. Believe me, I've order seafood bouillabaisse many times at various restaurants and I know how it should taste. After dinner, I also ordered cream brulee and it was all burned on the top. The container of the desert didn't fit into the plate it was placed on and they made clicking sound! I don't think I'm going back.

• Visited March 2013

new york, ny
“This place is scattered”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Menu is way too long and scattered. Food is just ok. The prices are reasonable. Would not see any need to rush back with too many better options.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank travelnut2009
Stratford, Connecticut
“Consistently Delicious, But Don't Recommend for a Holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times, for both lunch and dinner. The food is consistently wonderful. Although Caesar Salad is no longer on the menu, the chefs are willing to accommodate my request. I tend to order it with chicken at lunch, and as a side salad when I'm dining at dinner time.

I have been there with a large party, and everyone has enjoyed their meal. I hear the chicken crepes are delicious. I have yet to try them because I'm stuck in my Caesar salad mode.

I was there on Valentine's Day 2013, and the service was poor. I think the staff was overwhelmed with the number of patrons, and did not coordinate accordingly. Service was slow, and the amount of food was slim. I will not judge this restaurant based upon that one night, and will continue to sing their praises!

• Visited February 2013
New Haven County, CT
“Great Service. Good Food. Nice atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Our group of six went for dinner before a show at StageOne next door. Service was excellent. Inviting atmosphere. Some of the plates were VERY small. Some of the food was tasty...although the tuna entree was not especially good. Recommended: Onion Soup, Fried Calamari, Burger, Mussels. Good coffee. Lots of choices in Fairfield before I'd go back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Westport, Connecticut
“Wonderful staff, bland food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We went to The Brasserie for an after work, not up to cooking meal. We checked the Tripadvisor site and this restaurant came out looking good.
Our experience the night we dined there was not up to its to billing. While reviewing the menu, we asked the server's opinion of an entree item and he told us honestly to avoid that choice; that was much appreciated. We started with French Onion soup (my wife) and I had the Fish soup. Both soups were served hot with nice sides and well flavored. The staff was very friendly yet not too much in the way.
Then the entree arrived. My wife ordered a lamb dish and I my dish was Beef Burgundy. Both were were totally bland and tasteless. My stew was on top of a nest of unsalted fettuccine that was a big part of why the dish was ruined. The other part that ruined the dish was the over done and boiled tasting beef. I do not believe the kitchen seared the meat first and it came out dry. My wife's dish was of similar result.
We did not order dessert.

• 5 of 5 bubbles