“This place is scattered”
Review of The Brasserie - CLOSED

The Brasserie
Cuisines: French, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
new york, ny
“This place is scattered”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Menu is way too long and scattered. Food is just ok. The prices are reasonable. Would not see any need to rush back with too many better options.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank travelnut2009

Stratford, Connecticut
“Consistently Delicious, But Don't Recommend for a Holiday”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times, for both lunch and dinner. The food is consistently wonderful. Although Caesar Salad is no longer on the menu, the chefs are willing to accommodate my request. I tend to order it with chicken at lunch, and as a side salad when I'm dining at dinner time.

I have been there with a large party, and everyone has enjoyed their meal. I hear the chicken crepes are delicious. I have yet to try them because I'm stuck in my Caesar salad mode.

I was there on Valentine's Day 2013, and the service was poor. I think the staff was overwhelmed with the number of patrons, and did not coordinate accordingly. Service was slow, and the amount of food was slim. I will not judge this restaurant based upon that one night, and will continue to sing their praises!

• Visited February 2013
New Haven County, CT
“Great Service. Good Food. Nice atmosphere.”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Our group of six went for dinner before a show at StageOne next door. Service was excellent. Inviting atmosphere. Some of the plates were VERY small. Some of the food was tasty...although the tuna entree was not especially good. Recommended: Onion Soup, Fried Calamari, Burger, Mussels. Good coffee. Lots of choices in Fairfield before I'd go back.

• Visited March 2013
Westport, Connecticut
“Wonderful staff, bland food”
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We went to The Brasserie for an after work, not up to cooking meal. We checked the Tripadvisor site and this restaurant came out looking good.
Our experience the night we dined there was not up to its to billing. While reviewing the menu, we asked the server's opinion of an entree item and he told us honestly to avoid that choice; that was much appreciated. We started with French Onion soup (my wife) and I had the Fish soup. Both soups were served hot with nice sides and well flavored. The staff was very friendly yet not too much in the way.
Then the entree arrived. My wife ordered a lamb dish and I my dish was Beef Burgundy. Both were were totally bland and tasteless. My stew was on top of a nest of unsalted fettuccine that was a big part of why the dish was ruined. The other part that ruined the dish was the over done and boiled tasting beef. I do not believe the kitchen seared the meat first and it came out dry. My wife's dish was of similar result.
We did not order dessert.

Fairfield, Connecticut
“Delightful Experience”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Every time we passed this restaurant it was full to capacity (we went by mostly on Saturday evenings) so we decided to dine here. The atmosphere was wonderful; warm, cozy, romantically lit. We ordered the sole ($19.00) and the salmon ($20.00) and both were cooked and seasoned to perfection. We also ordered the fried calamari, which was a bit salty for our taste. Fresh warm bread was served (only olive oil on the tble, no butter) and the service was very good. Two people came to the table to make sure everything was to our liking. We will be back again, perhaps for lunch next time.

• Visited December 2012