“Just like you are in France”
Review of The Brasserie - CLOSED

The Brasserie
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The most authentic fish soup! The food is pure French except for the wait staff, they are kind and helpful :)

Thank S. Gregory U

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I joined by friend from kindergarten and her brother to celebrate his 60th birthday. We enjoyed delicious salads--mine had fresh figs, prosciutto, spinach, and mozzarella with a balsamic reduction and shared the sole with my friend. The food was very fresh and flavorful and showed imagination without being over the top. The server was terrific. My creme brulee was a bit burned and did not stand up to some others I have enjoyed elsewhere. The choclate mousse cake with raspberry coulis looked amazing though, as did the apple dessert.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

But I gave it four because the food can be very good.

We have eaten here three times and each time been kind of annoyed by the owner or waiter. But we have had delicious food there so it's a toss up whether you want to give it a try or not.

If I were to give the owner/ waitstaff advice I would say that they should act happy to see patrons instead of annoyed by people who arrive after 9:00. One night we got there at 9:20 and asked if they would seat us. They said yes, sure and then couldn't have been more bothered to have us there. One waiter told us to hurry and order and another told us the kitchen doesn't like it when people order so late. (They were open until 10). If that is true, don't seat us, please! I don't want to make a kitchen staff p.o'd or if I do, I'd rather not know about it.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We like the Brasserie, and it's been well over a year since I've reviewed it, so here goes.

We turned up there on July 14th, as usual with no reservations. They found us a nice table, with a view of the other diners. The place was full of local Francophiles, celebrating Bastille Day. One chap even had a bleu-blanc-rouge rosette in his button hole. Compared to other Fairfield restaurants, this isn't a noisy place, but there was a nice, friendly bustle.

We had the July 14th Prix Fixe menu, which turned out to be excellent value.

I started with Escargots, then a savoury crepe dish made with Navarin of Lamb. Curious idea, but it worked.
My wife started with Quiche Lorraine, then Grouper in Champagne Sauce.
We both finished with Apple and Pear Clafoutis.

Every dish was perfect, and brought to the table with perfect timing.

Wine? Just the house wines, by the glass. Perfectly appropriate.

To sum up - every bit as good as the last time I reviewed them.

For those of you who haven't tried this genuine French bistro in the heart of Fairfield, what's the matter with you?

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Hasn't lost anything with the name change. Still great food and service. This time we dined with friends. All the food was delicious and the service was wonderful. We always come back.