“Great night with friends”
Review of The Brasserie - CLOSED

The Brasserie
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Hasn't lost anything with the name change. Still great food and service. This time we dined with friends. All the food was delicious and the service was wonderful. We always come back.

Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

We love French food and thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant. I love fois gras and loved my burger with fois gras. My husband liked his short ribs but wasn't enthusiastic. We would definitely return.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Every time my husband says, "Let's celebrate; where do you want to eat," I respond, "The Brasserie in Fairfield." For many years this French-inspired restaurant was called St. Tropez, but a year or so ago it changed its menu and name to The Brasserie. I've never had a meal here that I didn't like, but I wish they would take it just a little easier with the salt in their lobster sauce. I've had their seafood crepes, there scallop dish, etc. and when they ladle on the lobster sauce it is a bit too salty.

That said, they have a very delicate touch with their salad dressing and on a recent trip we enjoyed their $20.12 lunch special that included (there were other choices) a spinach and mozzarella salad with a very light (wish-I-could-make-it) balsamic dressing. For an entree I had bay scallops with the aforementioned lobster sauce. For dessert I had the famous French dessert Ile Flottante, which is meringue floating on a cream sauce and topped with caramel sauce. The pleasant sugar rush still lingers. Included in the price is a choice of a glass of one of their three red or white house wines. A great value and a great meal.

The decor is crisp white tablecloths, a big blackboard with a list of its many tapas and wines, light walls, and black furniture. Big windows face out onto Sanford Street, which is the main road leading into the Fairfield train station's parking lot, but it is not busy and the town is charming. The wait staff have been there for years and are extremely friendly and always gracious.

1  Thank RebeccaRyanOrange
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Went to Brasserie on Mother's Day with a party of seven. We were greeted promptly on arrival, shown to our table, and enjoyed a terrific meal with great service. The room reminded me of a bistro in Paris. Food was well prepared and very tasty. Service was friendly. Everything about the experience was great.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

The minute we entered the restaurant, we did not feel welcome!

To make matters worse the service was terrible. Our male waiter was not accommodating at all. We felt we were rushed while ordering. We had to ask for bread and then waited about 20 minutes to receive it. Our bread and entree almost came out at the same time.

While waiting for our food, we asked to see a dinner menu, and instead of politely saying "sure" the waiter was quick to say that it was practically the same as what was offered for lunch. The problem was not that the menu was the same but the way the waiter approached the situation.

The food was OK. We ordered the brasserie burger, beef brasserie, the french burger, creme brulee, crepe nutella banana, and the apple crepe. The brasserie burger had a burnt aftertaste. The dessert took forever to come out.

We left the restaurant thinking what a bad experience we had and then, the waiter came running to our car because he thought we did not sign our receipt and leave a tip!! Come to find out it was under the original receipt.

We will definitely not recommend this restaurant to our friends and family. We just hope the management will take notice.