“Consistently Amazing”

Ranked #71 of 224 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: 55 Wine Bar and Wood Grille serves modern American cuisine with a Mediterranean flare.
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Hands down one of the best spots in the Fairfield area for food, drinks and entertainment. Chef Jacob continues to offer fresh ingredients with amazing variations on flavor. The Brussels Sprout salad is a must and the daily specials are always recommended.
The drinks are made with style and precision and they have an amazing (and reasonably priced) wine list to complement any meal. Service is second to none at 55. Ownership and management are arguably the friendliest guys anywhere - they like what they do and it shows in their restaurant.

There are newer reviews for 55 Wine Bar & Wood Grille

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I am at a loss to think of something that went right at this restaurant. Our service was extremely poor, it was noisy, our arugula salad with strawberries had 2 slices of strawberry ($11), our halibut was bland and the "roasted" potatoes were raw (upon complaint, I was told they were intended to be "crunchy"). Oh, I can think of one good thing...we ordered a lovely wine. Bottom line: Skip 55 Degrees.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

the food is solid here...it is good, the fish dishes we had worked for us...nothing spectacular but a nice place to go w/ your wife /friends etc.....prices a little on the higher side but not so bad relatively speaking...there is a really nice outdoor seating area and they have bands on weekends.....

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Visited the restaurant with three other people for a celebratory dinner. There was not much to celebrate about after almost 3 hours. When the food was finally served some of the dishes were tasty, like the pan roasted seafood, but have you ever tried eating warm clams and linguine??? And may I recommend not eating cold veal when it is advertise as a hot dish!!! I have never experienced such bad service in all my years!! What added to this negative experience was the attitude of the waitress, she made no effect to try to wait on her tables. Drink orders were delayed, mixed up and even forgotten about and of course the bar bill was incorrect. The waitress did find time to over-charge for our drinks. I was hoping this restaurant would improve after some of the written reviews, but it has not. I will not return and I do not recommend this restaurant, there are better choices in Fairfield.

1  Thank Smach66
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had dinner here last night with a friend, and we both thought the food was good but the service was painfully lacking. We kept trying to pair wines with our courses but, it never worked out because, when we had wine, we had no food, and when we had food we were waiting on the wine. The waiter made a mistake on the type of wine I wanted, and when I told him, he was very irritated and said that was what we had ordered. The rest of the evening he either ignored us or set things down and left in a huff. No smile, no thank you, no apologizing for the extremely slow service. We arrived at 6:45 and didn't leave until 9:15. It's too bad, because I did like the food, but I won't be returning.

1  Thank pak44