“Good food -- OK service”
Review of Sweet Basil

Sweet Basil
Ranked #48 of 219 Restaurants in Fairfield
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Connecticut
“Good food -- OK service”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I went there with a group of 6 friends. While the service was okay, the food was excellent. We had one server take our order and had other servers bring out the appetizers and entrees. It made a little confusing to keep track of whom you could ask for additional drinks.

One of the servers mistakenly brought out the main entree before the appetizer for one person in our party. Later, the main server said that the other server had just started working at the restaurant. In addition, another person in our party asked for a pitcher of water for the table, and the server said the restaurant didn't have any pitchers. The server later brought out two individual glasses of waters for two people on the table of seven.

Everyone in our party did eventually get the correct entree. While I'm not familiar with Thai food, I ordered the Honoi Beef Cubes, and the dish was good. Everyone in our party thought the food was good. While I wouldn't rule out going back in the near future, it seems the restaurant could do a little work to improve their service.

• Visited April 2014

Fairfield, Connecticut
“Good Asian fusion.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

It is a pleasant place, excellent service, good food, and affordable for a decent restaurant. Been going here quite a while. The only gripe I have is that they sometimes unnecessarily put mango into things- which is silly. Aside from that, it is quite good.

Visited March 2014
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Go for happy hour!!!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We went for happy hour and were not disappointed! Drinks were great, with many specials and appetizers were not only delicious, but were priced to please your wallet! Try the Rock Shrimp....excellent!

Visited November 2013
New Haven, Connecticut
“Not worth the calories”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I went here the other night for the happy hour sushi special.
The servers are always running around - they need to hire more staff. The AC was on too high as my hair was blowing around.
The food --- I've had better. I can tell when a place gets a new chef, and this new person is not good at all. I used to order the chicken Pad Thai often and after what I ate last night I will not eat here again.
If you dont mind the extra 25 minute drive, go to The Rice Pot in New Haven - the best Pad Thai you will ever have and will change your eating life!

• Visited August 2013
Connecticut
“Best Food in Fairfield County”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

If you've never experienced Sweet Basil, you have no idea what you are missing. My favorite dinner item is the Shrimp Pad Thai - simply delicious - and enough for 2 big or 3 small meals. The top appetizers would be Crispy Avacado Shrimp, Rock Shrimp and Crab Rangoon - you can't miss with any of those. We live about 10-15 mins away and we no longer grab takeout from our local Chinese restaurants. It is worth the drive to get the most delicious, tasty, perfect Chinese around. Also their cocktails are very good and sushi is also excellent. Best ever!!!

• Visited May 2013