“Great food; enjoyable upscale Mediterranean seaport ambiance; outstanding service and attention to details.”
Review of Toto

Toto
Reserve with OpenTable
Toto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 224 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My wife and I remembered enjoying dinner at Osianna a couple of years ago. Being in the neighborhood on our annual summer trek north to Connecticut we decided to revisit Osianna for a weekday early dinner. Bottom line... we both thoroughly enjoyed every single aspect of our latest experience.

The ambiance can best be described as an up scale Greek islands ambiance. Pleasing bright colours, touches of seaport scrimshaw and tables set with tablecloths and neatly folded white linen napkins. Reinforcing the theme, all of the waiters wore white jeans pants topped with horizontally alternating black and white shirts.

The menu reflects a wide range of Mediterranean influences... Portuguese, Catalonian, southern French, Sicilian, Italian, Cyprian, Greek... with Greek somewhat more prevalent. (The menu also includes “Mussels Basque style”, although the Basques are hardly Mediterranean.) For us the biggest problem with the menu is the plethora of choices, since we no longer live in Connecticut. If we still did, then Osianna would be one of our regular “go to” dining destinations.

Really tempting bread arrived on the table as soon as we placed our orders... accompanied by tzatziki yoghurt instead of the usual olive oil. Nice touch. Really tasty.

For starters my wife ordered the roasted red beets with garlic and extra virgin olive oil and I ordered the grilled Portuguese octopus. The octopus was outstandingly tender, a feat that most kitchens can not regularly achieve. My wife raved about the beets, finally agreed to share a bite with me, and I fully agreed with her assessment.

For an entree the bouillabaisse looked really tempting but I settled on the filets of branzino. The fish came perfectly done, complemented very nicely by the accompanying sacoutash. My wife ordered another starter for her entree... the fried local calamari with lemon wedges. An ample portion arrived... very lightly dusted, crisp, and not chewy. NOTE to marinara sauce lovers... the menu plainly states that marinara sauce is NOT served with the calamari, and the chef means it. Good for him.

The wine list is not overly extensive but sufficient and reasonably priced. Feeling adventurous and on the advice of our knowledgeable, really great waiter we chose an unfamiliar Greek wine... a blend of 50% Moschofilero grape, 30% Chardonnay and 10% each of a couple of other grapes. Slightly fruity yet also perfectly dry and light. As he had suggested, a very good summer wine for the dishes we had ordered.

Throughout all of this, service was simply outstanding. The waiters worked as a true team. Any and all of them immediately anticipated and filled an unexpressed need at our table such as a half empty glass. A couple of additional examples: Early in our meal I left our table for a couple of minutes to retrieve an item from our vehicle. When I returned, my opened napkin had been refolded and placed neatly back into the table setting. And when the branzino entree arrived, the original table setting knife was unobtrusively replaced with the appropriate table fish knife. True European style service.

One more time... an all round great experience at a reasonable price.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank SRQwanderer

Beacon Falls, Connecticut
“Wonderful Mediterranean Food!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Osianna is a wonderful spot in downtown Fairfield that serves an excellent and authentic variety of Mediterranean food with a strong emphasis on Greek dishes. My friend and I split a variety of appetizers/small plates and everything was delicious! We were able to sit outside on the porch and it was a wonderful experience. Service, food, wine, and ambiance are all highly recommended!!

• Visited August 2013
New York
“Always good”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Very nice restaurant - Mediterranean, with a Greek emphasis. I've been here many times and always try something new. And I've never been disappointed. Nice wine list, as well.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank MattyC97531
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I went to Osianna for lunch with a group of women. We had a reservation, and were seated in a private area, although the interior wasn't especially crowded. The staff couldn't have been more courteous or helpful. I ordered the $13 prix fixe and had the best Gazpacho I've ever had. The entree was the Pork Souvlaki, which consisted of two skewers of marinated and grilled pork cubes, "Greek" potatoes, a cup of tzatzki sauce, pita bread and salad. It was absolutely delicious! I don't know how they could provide so much for such a modest price, but I'm not complaining! I know I'll be back.

• Visited May 2014
Shelton, Connecticut, United States
“Wonderful dining,service and ambience.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Osianna is a very consistently wonderful dining experience.Maria and her staff are gracious,professional and always very courteous.The food is terrific and the presentation is so impressive.The decor and the feeling one gets while there truly enhances the experience.We've become regulars.

• Visited May 2014