“Average”

Joe's American Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe's American Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 224 Restaurants in Fairfield
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Joe's has average American food. It doesn't have anything that stands out.

There are newer reviews for Joe's American Bar and Grill

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Sat at the bar and had dinner while watching a sporting event. The bartender/waitstaff is superb! Very professional and engaging, true mixoligists. I have been at this place several times but have never reviewed it......thought its about time. The cleanliness is unurpassed IE the glass behind the bar and shelves are spotless! They must remove everything and clean weekly. I don't know how many places i"ve been where the mirrored backing is thick full of gunk and grime. A+ for appearance.
The food is fair to good. I had the 1/2 rack of ribs and my wife had the crab cakes. But first we both tried the clam chowder, which was excellent full of bit of clams and very flavorfull. Of course you have to ask for the bread which I think is made on premises or tastes that way. Very sweet and soft on the indide and crunchy crust...yum yum.
Overall, I'd give the place a B and will return, but not a "to die for" destination.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Food terrible and service worse. Every 3 or so years my family will say let's try Joe,s. I always balk and they are always sorry I give in . I cannot believe it's lasted so long. Oh, and filthy.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

I've been here twice recently and have been very satisfied each time. The service and food very good expecially the excellent clam chowder service in a tasty, crisp bread bowl. Best chowder I've ever had.

Casual/comfortable atmosphere with carved wood includes nice fireplace. The bar is long with attentive bartenders able to mix the drinks that I requested. Joe's seems to be a popular place for parties, due to it's large open dining area. But mostly couples and groups of 4, 6 and 8 people. There were 15 minute waits the times I went and the lines were longer when I left so I knew it was popular. Don't know about reservations.

Of all the restaurants I've been to in the Fairfield/Southern CT area, I would say that this is the best one overall if you're looking for a good time at a reasonable price.

4  Thank Domino1969
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Joe's in Fairfield features classic American cuisine set in a casual and comfortable atmosphere, with a large open dining room and a cozy fireplace and two outdoor patio's. I had lunch here with a group of 12 to celebrate a colleagues last day and we all had very good meals. Prices were reasonable and the atmosphere was quite pleasant. Went back again after work with a smaller group for drinks and again had good food and drinks with a great crowd. I would highly recommend this restaurant if looking for a place to meet.
Nearby Attractions: Fairfield University, Sacred Heart University, Harbor Yard Arena
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Monday- Thursday 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Bar: Open one hour later than kitchen
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11:00 am - 2:00 pm