“Unique CT Shoreline Attraction”
Review of Marley's Cafe

Marley's Cafe
Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in Essex
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Marley's Cafe is the PERFECT summertime destination restaurant experience in Essex CT.
It is actually on Essex Island Marina so the complimentary short ferry ride from Essex mainland to the island adds to the overall unique experience!
The water views are breathtaking, relaxing and the Marina location is truely a hidden New England gem.
Service is attentive, personable and always warmly welcoming! Marley's staff is always upbeat and fun. The "sit back and relax" attitude is the order of the day!
Weather permitting, outdoor seating is available under umbrella tables! The indoor decor is inviting, fresh and fun with a chic island theme.
Marley's has a relaxed casual atmosphere offering a diverse menu prepared with farm to table Chef inspired, made to order, fresh dishes that are absolutly delicious!
If you are looking for a special treat make a point to visit Marley's as often as you can!

1  Thank Abby K

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I went to Marley's twice this summer, both times for breakfast, and enjoyed myself on each visit. The breakfast menu is decent, as are the prices, the real draw is the fact that the restaurant is on an island; having to take a 90 second ferry ride across a small channel makes this place unique enough to visit. That said, the actual view from the restaurant isn't that great.

For me, the biggest drawback is the clientele. Although both times I was there my friend and I met some nice folks that we ended up sitting with, the majority of the other people there came across as pretentious and vapid. Of course, Marley's is in Essex so that comes with the territory. My suggestion is to bring a cheap bottle of wine or two so as to have a buffer against any negative interactions.

2  Thank Colin T
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My girlfriends and i decided to have a girls night out at marleys. Our first time there. We had a wonderful time. I think we closed the olace. It was so relaxing and the food was wonderful. I have spread the word about this place. We willl be back!

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Breakfast menu is simple but I have never been displeased..especially since it is adorned with fresh fruit. Taking a skiff across a spit of water is a relaxing way to start the day. Decor is Key West-like and pleasant.

1  Thank RoadtripperFun
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Marley's is a very special place. It is in Essex Island Marina. You need to take a VERY SHORT ferry ride across to the restaurant. It is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner (Thursday through Sunday) in season. It is family run, BYOB for dinner and just a great place to sit outside, look at the boats, and enjoy a good meal. We can't wait for them to re-open next summer.

1  Thank Kronberg