“LOVE THIS SPOT!”

Add it.
The Spa of Essex
Ranked #3 of 14 things to do in Essex
More attraction details
Owner description: The Spa of Essex, an elite and elegant day spa, sits on three secluded acres just a short walk from the Essex Village. The Spa of Essex offers more than simply treatments, they promise an experience! Escape, relax and renew.
New Haven, Connecticut
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“LOVE THIS SPOT!”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The Spa at Essex is consistently wonderful -- I almost don't want to write the review because if too many ppl know about it then you really won't be able to get an appt.

In all seriousness, you've not met a better staff, a wide array of affordable services and a nice quiet place to relax.

Only issue: The quiet room is lovely (when it's quiet)...but sometimes, you can get clients who use it as an "outdoor cafe" complete with not so quiet conversations. (This happened once in the many times I've been there.)

Otherwise, I'd recommend it to everyone -- and after your day at the spa, hang out in the local town of Essex...it's so pleasant and right by the river.

Connecticut
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Relaxation”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

The staff at the spa have always been extremely friendly and welcoming. I have only visited a few times, but I am waiting for a break in my busy schedule to go back! I have tried multiple massages all with different individuals and they have been fantastic. I feel my back tightening now, must be time to book another appointment!

Londoner
“VERY HIGH STANDARD ALL ROUND”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I will definitely go again, and hopefully soon. It is very modern, extremely well thought out building in wonderful grounds. The staff and unusually helpful and friendly. The two treatments I had were very well done.

My husband was delighted with the high standard of the food (and that is extremely unusual, to say the least). I can't praise enough! It was very well decked out with all the modern equipment and everything was very clean.

Westport, MA
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“A Man's Review”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I visited the Spa of Essex with my sweetheart as a treat for a belated Valentine's Day. In addition to having a tranquil atmosphere, it is decorated in a chic and modern fashion. The colors on the walls are nice, great comfy furniture, and lavishly accomodated bathrooms and massage rooms. It kind of made me feel like I was hanging out at my swanky new england mansion in my bathrobe.
We had an appointment for a couples massage. I'm not a spa kind of guy so the massage part was okay. The employees were very nice to us...almost too nice. The massage tables were comfy and heated. Afterwards, we got to hang out in the relaxation room in their oversized love seats while eating chocolates and drinking champagne. Lastly, I showered off in the bathroom and indulged in a self-administered shave at my leisure.
I've never been to a spa before but, I have to say that this one was top notch. My girlfriend admitted that it was the nicest spa she had ever been to. I'm certain that the average spa goer would enjoy a visit to the Spa of Essex.

Norwich, Connecticut
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“nice place to go”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

was there once it was a warm place to be people are friendly and all i wont go back but it is nice for some one else