“Service was Terrible!!!!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Meriden, Connecticut
“Service was Terrible!!!!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We went there on a Sunday around 12:30 in the afternoon. We were one of say three tables so we thought it would be a nice time and we could have great service. WOW were we wrong! The waitress seemed as she really didn't want to be there and we couldn't believe how slow she was right at the beginning. It only got worse when she went to take our App's we wanted wrapped to take with us she dropped them on the table and said oh...I thought my arm was stronger and the plate went all over the table. Not only didn't she offer to replace them for us to take home, she didn't even bring them back in a box. She didn't seem to know the menu very well. She didn't visit the table very much (which could have increased the bill). Like I said this place wasn't busy at all and we felt like it was a bother to her to wait on us. The food was really good but the POOR SERVICE leaves us wondering if we should go back. To make matters worse it was our daughters birthday...thanks for making it a memorable experience for the wrong reason.

George B
george@yahoo.com

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank GBERT2011

connecticut
“They took away what was best about the place.”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Years back I remember having such a great time at Oliver's. They had barrels of peanuts and pool tables upstairs and the food was good, and our kids had the greatest time.

So I thought I would try it again, being out and about with my daughter. When I asked if we could go upstairs the waitress said "it is now only available for private parties, though it is still the same up there."

Really??? Why would you do that? Its like opening an amusement park and not operating the rides. So weird.

So we ordered fried foods that we could have gotten anywhere. It was fine. No reason to go back.

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank limfcConnecticut
Bridgeport, West Virginia
“Quick bite before the train ride”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were referred her by the ticket agent at Essex. When we arrived we told our waitress we had a train to catch. We were the only people in the restaurant at the time. We noticed that others who came in after us that sat at the bar got their food before we did. My grilled chicken was delicious. My son had fries. My husband had a burger. We got out in time to catch our train and the food was good.
The restaurant has seen better days and the decor could use refreshing.

Visited July 2013
“Do not waste your money or time...”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had not been to this restaurant in years and decided to give it a try. We were surprised to find they had built a bar on the main floor. Great idea! Unfortunately our excitement turned in to a horrible dining experience. We were totally disgusted with the service and food. Our drinks were terrible, service was so slow and it was not even crowded. A patron came in on his cellphone and totally interrupted our meals. The bartender never said a word to him. We finished our meals very quickly, paid our check and left.
We will never return to this establishment again!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank diddy66
Albany, New York
“Part Of Our Tour”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was supposed to be a lunch stop before our tour at ESSEX TRAIN & Boat Ride. But due to bus trouble we had to do it last. They had accomedate us with no problem. Me and my fiancé had steak with potato and carrots. Steak was ok. Potato where a bit mushy.

• Visited May 2013