“very comfortable stay in enfield,ct”
Review of Red Roof Inn

Red Roof Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed January 12, 2014

this past saturday i stayed in enfield at the red roof inn. two of the workers,beth and kendra were delightful to talk to. very friendly and informative. the room was clean,tv work and the bed was very comfortable. the shower water was very hot-just the way i like it. i find that the red roof inns seem to be the most consistent hotels-very reasonable prices and comfortable convenient stay. I haven't been to a bad one yet.

Room Tip: i stayed on the ground floor-chipoties was in walking distance and the food was delicious.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank suesipolansky77
GeneralManager10105, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2016

Thank you for your wonderful review which I will be sharing with my staff!!! We are glad to hear that you've enjoyed your stay with us and every Red Roof that you have stayed with. We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Had a really good night here, the young lady Kendra was very very helpful at the front desk. Room was clean and would not hesitate to stay over again. Thanks again for your proffesional service Miss Kendra

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank bigjorgefromfamily

Thank you for your wonderful review which I will be sharing with my staff. We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

We were here during a busy weekend with a dog & had an existing reservation. Somehow this motel did not honor the web rate- but after negotiation came to a fair resolve.
Room was somewhat beat with toilet & phone not clean. Close to where we needed to be and staff very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013

I am very sorry to hear about the issues that you had upon check in with the rate issues. I am glad to hear that it was able to be resolved very quickly. We hope to see you again

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I recently stayed over a few nights at your Inn. The location in Enfield, Ct. My husband and I
came into the Inn very late and we were not in a good mood,at all. Our furnace died.
We went over to the Inn and within a few minutes we were in a wonderful mood. The young
woman that was working, Beth, was so professional, nice, considerate, everything a
nasty customer needs. I, we both were at such ease. She was such a blessing to us in our
situation, and our entire stay. I wanted to let you know.
Both my husband and I have worked with customers all of our lives, she is a "gem".
Red Roof Inn needs to keep her, promote her, and give her a raise.
Everyone of your Inn's needs a "Beth". If you need to ask any questions on how wonderful an
employee she is for you, or about our stay, don't hesitate to call us, please.
It would be our pleasure. God Bless..

Sincerley,
James and Linda Blanchard

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LindaandJames2013

Thank you for your wonderful review which I will be sharing with my staff. Beth is no longer with us but we still have an amazing staff at the front desk as well as housekeeping. I am very happy to hear that you and your husband were put at ease during your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed here for the second time in connection with area dog shows. I have always had a good experience at this RRI. When you travel with dogs, you don't expect the Waldorf-Astoria, so a clean room, comfortable, and a staff that doesn't make you feel unwelcome due to traveling with pets is a big plus. The location is great--everything you could possibly need in terms of food/supplies is right there and a lot of it is walkable from the hotel. Easy access on and off I-91. I actually don't have anything negative to say about it. The big field next door is good for dog-walking. Probably the one thing I would change is it would be nice to have more channels on the TV than mostly just sports, weather, and FoxNews A few more basic cable channels would be much appreciated!

Room Tip: Ask for Ground Floor if possible, if you are traveling with dogs and gear. You'll park right in...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank surreyhillwhippets

Thank you for your wonderful review which I will be sharing with my staff. We have upgraded our cable system and do have many more channels as well as a better guide on the TV to let you know whats on while still being able to watch the channel you are currently on. We look forward to seeing you again and are always happy to see the four legged friends

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed here the end of August and the motel is in the process of refurbishing its rooms and the one I got had been mostly refurbished. Room was clean, plenty of towels, though I did notice some plastic over some type of fixture high up on one of the walls. When I got back to the room the next day the plastic was gone and what had been open under the plastic was now covered up. This might have been the heater for the room but fortunately we did not need heat at night. The room was also very quiet, even though were were in the middle of the building, on the 2nd floor. We really didn't hear any neighbors and hardly heard anyone walking by the room.

My only issues were: 1) the pillows were on the small side, not even standard size, 2) pets can’t go up on the beds at any time, my dogs are show dogs so accepted having to be in their crates up on the bed but most people don’t crate their dogs like that, and 3) management won’t let you leave pets unattended at any time in the room. This meant we had to go out and get fast food instead of being able to get a decent meal at a restaurant, or even able to go to a grocery store and getting a frozen meal to warm up in the microwave. I think it’s a little unreasonable to bill yourself as pet friendly but not allow pets on the bed or left in the room while the family goes out to grab a bite to eat. I can see not leaving pets for hours on end in the room but not being able to leave them for a couple of hours, at the most for a meal? That is not really pet friendly? I feel that I can’t recommend this motel for any of my friends that have pets or show dogs, but anyone without pets, I could recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. I am sorry if you feel that we arent pet friendly since we do not allow pets to be left alone. If they are in their crates while you are gone we are ok with that, we have had problems with the pets being left unattended. The pets not being allowed on the bed due to worries if the pet gets hurt while getting on or off. We enjoy having the pets here and do have many people with their show dogs that stay here during the dogs shows. We want your pets safe and happy, we also want to make sure that our guests don't have to pay for any thing other than their room charges. We do charge for any damages. Our guidelines have been put in place for both the guests and our property. We do hope that you stay with us again.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I,too, attend dog shows and have been staying at this hotel routinely since 2005. In the past year things have seriously gone downhill. However, I was willing to give them one last chance this weekend and they ARE getting better. The new girl at the desk at night, Lani, is super and she has alot to handle!
Yes, they are in the process of remodeling and having stayed in a remodeled room at other Red Roof's I know how nice they are. I have yet to stay in one in Enfield. I am hoping the remodeling will be done when I stay again.
Only a few things were underpar this stay (which is a SERIOUS) improvement! The cleaning crew definitely needs a good kick in the pants. There were black hairs in my shower when I arrived! The next day, my sink wasn't completely cleaned (luckily it was now MY sink), and the last day, the towel supply had "dwindled"! These are little things that make the hotel seem dirty to the average hotel guest... it basically makes you wonder what ELSE wasn't done that you aren't seeing!
And I realize that they are going to be replacing the televisions (or at least that's what all the other remodeled ones have done), but for those of us who are staying in an older room, it would be nice if the TV WORKED! I went through 3 remotes and finally decided it has to be the TV... Just a silly little thing, BUT...
All in all, it appears they are starting to get their act together, but they aren't there yet! I hope the improvements help the cleaning staff take pride in their work! And, of course, once the remodeling is done, there will be more rooms available and less will be taking up by the construction crews which will be nice!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your review. We have mostly finished the remodeling but do have a few rooms left that we are working. We got set back due to an issue with pipes. We have mostly new staff since your last stay with us, we have also updated our system on how to make sure that our rooms are good to go! We look forward to seeing you again and hope that you will enjoy your next stay even better

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield
Hampton Inn Springfield South Enfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#4 of 17 in West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Howard Johnson Express - Springfield

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!