“Terrible food, greasy.”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
farmington
“Terrible food, greasy.”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I recently took my son and grandson to this restaurant. The food was substandard, greasy. The chicken tenders were nothing but hunks of cold premade chick smothered with sauce. Hard to eat.

The italian dish wash grease. There was a charge for each glass of soda, seltzer. I consider it a wast of over $100.

Not recommended at all.

• Visited April 2013

Somers, Connecticut
“Great food”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My parents eat here all the time with their friends and they always go back, raving about their food here. I've tried the chicken parm here and it's pretty good.

Visited April 2013
Holyoke, Massachusetts
“Strip mall dining at its best”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

From the outside it looks like it once was. A national chain seafood joint. Now it is warm, inviting, and has very good food.

Visited May 2012
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“Musty Smell and Sticky Tables”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Met some colleagues there for a business lunch last week. Immediately upon walking into the restaurant there was a damp, musty smell. When we were seated, the table was sticky, ugh! The silverware rolled in the napkin actually stuck to the table when I picked it up. When you eat out, cleanliness is first, then food is next.

Food was medicore, served warm and cooked the way I wanted it, but the odor and the sticky table turned me off.

• Visited April 2013
East Longmeadow, MA
“Good Music, Inferior Food”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Hazard Grille used to be an excellent restaurant. However, over the years I’ve witnessed a steady decline in food quality, as well as service. This is sad because it’s one of the few restaurants in the area that offers entertainment on weekends. On my latest visit we sat at a table in the bar area to hear the music. There were only a handful of other patrons the entire time we were there, which I found odd. The waitress who came by to take our drink orders seemed to be in a hurry despite the many empty tables and booths. When we asked some questions about the menu her answers were matter of fact sans personality. I don’t believe she ever cracked a smile while we were there. I decided on the haddock sandwich ($11) which came with fries, cole slaw was an additional $2.50. There were two pieces of fish on a roll. The crust on the fish had an odd texture, chewy on the edges.Some portions of the fillets had a grayish coloring. The fries were good, the cole slaw average. Two members of the party chose Pork shank Ossobucco ($24) with a “root vegetable” (which turned out to be about a half dozen small carrot pieces). It appeared fatty, but I was informed pork shanks are fatty. One of the shanks was described as good, the other party said her pork was dry. The mustard mashed potatoes were described as “weird”. Another entrée, salmon steak ($23), a nice sized portion, was average. Entrees came with a salad consisting of mesclun and grated carrots. The waitress was asked where the tomatoes were, and she responded dryly, “The salads are mesclun and carrots.” According to the menu all entrees came with asparagus, but green beans were substituted due to the fact asparagus was “too expensive”according to our waitress.. The bread had a slight onion flavor and was served warm with butter. It was very good. If Hazzard Grille is going to cut back on food quality, perhaps they should lower their prices to reflect that. Their saving grace for the evening was the singing duo who played long sets of classic rock music. For that reason I may return, but will limit myself to cocktails.

• Visited March 2013