“Awesome.”

Silvia's Gourmet Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 113 Restaurants in Enfield
Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

What a meal. Keep an open mind about how the place looks and you'll be in for a fantastic night. Table of 9 with food to feed 15 and I'm not joking. Sylvia was great and we will be coming back. Well done.

Reviewed July 21, 2017

I came upon an ad for Silvia's and decided to try it out for lunch with my son who is turning 14. I had eaten at her prior location long before my kids were born, and had forgotten about it while the kids were growing up, since they were more accustomed to chain restaurant food.

My son and I both ordered the Wiener Schnitzel, which is listed on the menu as being served with a salad, sauerkraut, potatoes, gravy and dessert. We both passed on the sauerkraut.

While we were waiting, we were brought out a giant, hot, raisin challah with butter. I'd forgotten that Silvia's had fresh baked breads. My wife and I used to take an extra loaf home with us when we ate there 20 years ago.

From where I was sitting, I could hear the meal being freshly prepared in the kitchen. The plates came out with a generous portion of veal with gravy lightly on it. A medley of squash, cauliflower and peppers was substituted for the sauerkraut we'd passed on. The potatoes were a little spicier than my son liked, but good.

The food was fresh, hot and delicious. A walnut brownie with powdered sugar on top was served for dessert. Our meals were each $12.95, which is in line with freshly prepared food compared to lunch at a chain restaurant. While the meal took a little longer to be served than I expected, it was well worth the wait. We will return, again, and try other menu items.

Reviewed July 7, 2017

We arrived not knowing what we would find....since we could not go the route from google map,,due to the road closures in enfield for the festival and evening fireworks,,but managed to find its location after a short adventure,,,, We walked in and was skeptical,,,but after seeing the portion size and what was being served,,We took a chance,,, We saw only two employees,,the young lady pictured ,,sat us,,took our order,,cooked our meals,,and served it to us,,,

I had the Hungarian special,,pork loin,sausage,cabbage,rice,meat,salad,and a semi loaf of homemade raisin bread,,, which was a meal in itself,,,but it came with a salad,small dessert,,and family style salad with the special house dressing--which was tasty flavor, and not over powering, delicious! My companion had the fisherman platter,,, COD,,large scallops,bigger shrimp,, and delicious red roasted potatoes,, plenty of food,,enough for two days,,

Well treated,and friendly cook,chef,owner,,and easy going,,fun and enjoyable owner,,who puts her heart and soul into the meals she prepares,,,and serves with a smile,,

We would bring others with us,,,for a return visit in the NEAR future,,,After paying our bill,,she handed us a card with a stamp for $10.00 off our next return visit,,,which we would definitely use, and enjoy again,,

small in size,,but big in portions,and heart,and soul,,,
A must visit,,come empty and leave full,,,

Five thumbs up,,!!!!

sincerely yours,,,satisfied from Berlin,CT,,
and full,,,,,HAPPY we made the drive,,,to ENFIELD,,CT,,,exti 48 off RT 91N.

Reviewed April 20, 2017

So, I'm now saying this is the best food and service I have EVER had in many places around the world!! and it's in Enfield, Connecticut??? I ate here in January but it was too big of a hurry on my account. No pictures and did not get to enjoy the fullness of this place as I just did!!!! All of my former Trip Advisor critiques now pale in comparison!!!! That's a mouthful!!!.... but it's a Truism!!!!!! Great location between Hartford and Springfield..plenty of parking and right across from a very nice public park!!!! I started out by meeting and talking to Silvia, quite an impressive person!!!! She has won so many National Awards for her culinary expertise that is almost seems like a fairy tale!!! but it isn't. Read the invitation to be the White House Chef!!! I have uploaded a plethora of awards and citations Silvia has captured during her career as a Nationally recognized exemplary chef!!!..... I started out with a carafe of Romanian wine... excellent choice!!! After the wine, I was delivered a warm, homemade, just out of the oven raisin bread with butter.. the best ever!!!! Next I was served a huge pot of Romanian soup. It was enough for a meal and it tasted unbelievable!!!!!! Next was the house salad with the greatest dressing!!!! So far I was out of my mind tasting this great spread of food!!!!! Next I tried another Cab wine and it proved to be a winner for me!!!!! Service so far was excellent!!!!! Next came the Romanian Holiday spread featuring lamb!!! It was enough for a family of 4 and it tasted delicious!!!!! It had sausage, rice, lamb, potatoes, sauerkraut in a divine sauce!!!! I got up to walk around and took several pictures of her awards, including the correspondence with the USA White House....please read these!!!!! After reading this, I would probably travel several thousand miles to sample Silvia's expertise in preparation and cooking this food!!!!!! Finally I had a warm, chocolate dessert that Silvia just made!!!! I have NEVER experienced such a tasty and decadent meal before, prepared by a true expert!!!! People who read what I write on Trip Advisor....HAVE to try this place!!!! It is that good. I just spent the past 4 weeks in Bangkok eating the best places. Also I have spent a lot of time in Buenos Aires recently and these exotic sites and cities do not hold a candle to the food preparation by Silvia in Enfield, Connecticut... as strange of a boast as this might seem. My other server was Cory Sartori, a server dedicated to making sure my experience was truly an exceptional one!!!! I have nothing but a smile and thanks to all the people at Silvia's who made this such a great "foodie" adventure!!!! Please give this place a try, especially if you are within the area!!!!! You are missing out if you don't and please let me know what you think!!!!!!!!!!

3  Thank gary c
Reviewed April 7, 2017

Dinner at Silvia's was fabulous, it was like going to a relatives house for dinner, home cooked, warm and inviting. We truly enjoyed our meal and will go back again soon! I had the Polish Dinner and it was old school and delicious, my husband had the Romanian Fish Platter and shrimp, scallops and fish melted in your mouth.

1  Thank Susan K