“Great place for lunch”
Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 112 Restaurants in Enfield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Friday afternoon lunch at Friday's last week (appropriate ;>) and all four of us were very pleased with the service, menu choices, and atmosphere.

It was crowded, but our waitress graciously moved us to a quieter spot, away from the noisy front end. Comfortable table, and less noise.

They started us off with a complimentary basket of nacho-style dippers and two salsas. More than enough for four people to share. Provided extra salsa without being asked, when they saw we were running low.

We ordered:
--Friday's Sampler Plate (Wings, ribs, fries, shrimp), delicious with it's sweet sauce.
--Two different cheeseburger types, both huge, and served with good fries.
--Cream of Broccoli soup with cheese, so thick it was like a dip. Very tasty.
--Two for Ten Special (Spinach Flatbread, shrimp, fries) yummy. (You may choose different --combos of two on this one).

We were all too full for dessert. The prices were very reasonable, especially the Two for Ten.

We'll return, and probably won't even wait for a Friday. ;>)

1  Thank Lin P

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We went a few times on a saturday nite and sat at the bar. It was always crowded. They have great specials sat nite after 10 pm including half price food. My boyfriend at the burger and I had the yummy spinach dip. We also had the $5 drink special apple martini which were not amazing but suffice.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I go here frequently, as I work nearby. I generally try to sit in the bar area to avoid loud and messy children in the dining room. The food is typical TGI Friday's - corporate and dependable from location to location. The Jack Daniels chicken sandwich is very good, as is the pulled pork. Ribs are tasty, and the potstickers and fried green beans are good for appetizers. Friday's also offers some good drink specials.

What sets this Friday's apart from others is the fact that many of the servers and bartenders have worked there a long time. They know the menu, make good recommendations, and are good at accommodating special requests (leaving off ingredients, serving certain things on the side, substituting, etc.). One downfall is that they often use food runners, so if there's a problem with the order it may take a while for the server to check in and make it right. Usually, everything is fine, though!

The best servers are Lynsey and Becky, so ask for them if you can!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I visited this location on a Tuesday around 8 pm. I was greeted at the door by 2 employees which open the inner doors for me. I was seated immediately as there were a few people eating and a few others at the bar. Courtney was my waitress. I ordered the Jack Daniels Rib Eye, potatoes, mixed veggies and a sprite. When the food came out, Courtney asked me to check to see if the steak was cooked to my expectations. I ordered it medium and when I cut into it, the steak was still a little rare inside. With a smile, she whisked it off to the kitchen and within 5 minutes was back with my plate. She was attentive without being obnoxious like some waitresses can be. The food was tasty. I really enjoyed myself as I didn't feel rushed and was able to relax. I will frequent this location again.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Had not been there for a year or so and decided to stop by for lunch. Ate at the bar. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. Must of had some good training as they did not miss a beat. The food was good. Not noisy for the afternoon. Was impressed from the previous times that I was there.

Been to TGI Friday's? Share your experiences!