“Love'em or hate'em, they are busy”
Review of Danny's Pizza

Danny's Pizza
Ranked #73 of 112 Restaurants in Enfield
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed September 14, 2011

First thing I noticed when I entered Danny's was how BUSY they are. Generally a good sign. I had been meaning to try Danny's for a while, as I've driven past many times. Have to say, I wasn't impressed, but judging by how many customers, I don't think they care!

Ordered a take out pizza. They said 30mins on the phone. Actual order took 50 mins (tough to wait an extra 20mins at lunch when time is limited). They were very busy, just wish they had recognized that with how busy they were it would take a little longer….. And as others have noted with customer interaction, no "sorry" or courtesy. Wasn't looking for a discount, but a "whoops" would have gone a long way.

Pizza: If you like TONS of cheese, and the subsequent grease the accompanies huge piles of mozzarella, then you'll enjoy Danny's pizza. For me, there was to much cheese. The crust was crispy and great. Sauce was average, had a hard time finding it with all the cheese!

Chicken Caesar salad was good. A little soggy, but I noticed them making the salads to order, so either the lettuce had sat or it was soggy from my 10 min ride.

Ingredients seem solid overall, just wasn't impressed with the customer service and the overall taste. Yet this may be a place you have to try to decide. I mean, it was packed, so all those people can't be wrong, can they? Just wasn't my style of food prep.

1  Thank declue

Reviewed August 12, 2011

You wont go hungry but they do have trouble modifying your order. On more than one occasion, I had asked for sauce on the side of my grinder as opposed to ON it. Once it came with no sauce on the side, once my food was covered in it. I told the servers about the mistake- nothing done, no apology, no bill reduction....

1  Thank TravelingMusicMajor
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Great food !!quick service and large portions ,(ALWAYS TAKE HOME ) The quintessential home town favorite ..!!!!!

2  Thank dockdork
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Danny's has great food and there are so many "different" varieties of pizza, grinders, calzones, etc. My favorite is a Hot wing salad and their pizzas made with multigrain crust. You won't get the fake smiley service like other places, but that's part of the "charm". Best grinders in the area without a doubt.

1  Thank Will-I-aint
Reviewed June 6, 2010

I can see how this pizza would be PERFECT for some people. But it is really hit or miss. They use tons of cheese and are generous with toppings. But if you don't like your pizza swimming in cheese, this isn't your place. But let's be clear, the ingredients are good quality, the sauce is good, it's just the recipe. It's definitely a niche pizza place.

What I didn't appreciate was the "service with a snarl". They didn't have a lot of patience the day I visited. And I didn't feel like I was going to slow. And don't even think of using a debit/credit card if you order is under $20. As I don't really carry cash with me anymore, that didn't help matters. It could have simply been an off-day. But even so, I'm not a fan of a ton of cheese on the pizza.

1  Thank MAnowCT

Been to Danny's Pizza? Share your experiences!