“Good food, great service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Acapulcos Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 107 Restaurants in Enfield
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Coventry, Connecticut
“Good food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

I went here with my father and husband and we were all pleased. The hot tortillas with the home made (delicious!) salsa were a great way to start the meal. My father got a chimichanga which he enjoyed and my husband got the fajita wrap burrito with chicken which he also liked. I got the tres amigos but don't like shrimp so I got it with extra chicken instead. My husband and I agreed that next time we would stick to the chicken and no beef. The Spanish rice and the beans were both very good. My meal wasn't too heavy which I always like. The tres amigos was $18 and the fajita wrap burrito was about $14. We will definitely go back here.

• Visited December 2013

Enfield, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food reminds me of home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

It's very had to find Great Tasting Mexican Food.. This restaurant has great drinks and the food is awesome. I had a margarita which was very good and 3 tacos with rice and beans.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“Most authentic Mexican food in the area.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Great restaurant! We had been here about two years ago and loved the food and atmosphere, but a Mama Iguana's opened in Springfield. Given that we were regulars at the Northampton Iguana's restaurant we also went to the Springfield location. Mama Iguana's was close to us when we are in town. Since the Springfield restaurant closed recently we remembered that Acapulcos had a very similar menu. Not to say that Acapulcos is second best, I would say the food is at least equivalent between the two. The service is fast and unlimited chips (warm) and salsa (fresh) is brought to table immediately. We ordered the Cancun Chimichanga with chicken. The chicken was done very well, meaning that the meat very moist, and they are relatively large and Fajitas with marinated steak and prawns. Almost all the dishes are served with rice, beans, sour cream, and guacamole. Anything you may order will be fantastic.

• Visited October 2013
Milton, VT
“Excellent food at a great price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Our hotel recommended this restaurant and we were not disappointed. The portions for very large and the prices were extremely reasonable. My wife and I shared an appetizer and an entree. There was also a wide array of beer options.
The service was excellent! The chips and salsa were VERY good. The salsa tasted so fresh. We also loved the table side guacamole bar. The refried beans were some of the best we've every had. We would definitely go to the restaurant again.

• Visited August 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Chicken Fajitas Tacos w/shrimp”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Just another endorsement of a surprise find. I had Cadillac margarita and chicken & shrimp fajitas (thanks, previous reviewer!). 5 Stars - perfect. First, the margarita was excellent. Very nice and smooth, maybe a little to fancy for my tastes but excellent and you won't regret this choice. Second, I appreciated that the chicken/shrimp were on top of the mixed vegetables since the quantity was large and I wanted to concentrate on them instead of the vegetables (bell pepper, onion). Rice and refried beans were fine. Salsa great as stated elsewhere in Yelp.Plenty of salsa & chips. Service was great - I ate at the bar and was served by Jesus. I appreciated that when he noticed which of the three TV's I was watching, he switched another set to the same channel and turned up the volume - a small touch but showed customer focus. I read reviews that were somewhat critical of the setting/atmosphere. I have no idea what the complaint is. It is in a shopping center so maybe that is the issue? For me, once I'm inside, I don't care much. Overall a meal better than I'd expected at a reasonable price and good service too.

• Visited June 2013