“Excellent food at a great price!”

Acapulcos Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 112 Restaurants in Enfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Our hotel recommended this restaurant and we were not disappointed. The portions for very large and the prices were extremely reasonable. My wife and I shared an appetizer and an entree. There was also a wide array of beer options.
The service was excellent! The chips and salsa were VERY good. The salsa tasted so fresh. We also loved the table side guacamole bar. The refried beans were some of the best we've every had. We would definitely go to the restaurant again.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Just another endorsement of a surprise find. I had Cadillac margarita and chicken & shrimp fajitas (thanks, previous reviewer!). 5 Stars - perfect. First, the margarita was excellent. Very nice and smooth, maybe a little to fancy for my tastes but excellent and you won't regret this choice. Second, I appreciated that the chicken/shrimp were on top of the mixed vegetables since the quantity was large and I wanted to concentrate on them instead of the vegetables (bell pepper, onion). Rice and refried beans were fine. Salsa great as stated elsewhere in Yelp.Plenty of salsa & chips. Service was great - I ate at the bar and was served by Jesus. I appreciated that when he noticed which of the three TV's I was watching, he switched another set to the same channel and turned up the volume - a small touch but showed customer focus. I read reviews that were somewhat critical of the setting/atmosphere. I have no idea what the complaint is. It is in a shopping center so maybe that is the issue? For me, once I'm inside, I don't care much. Overall a meal better than I'd expected at a reasonable price and good service too.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Lucky for us in Enfield to have Acapulcos. Clean, Friendly and good tasting food. Of course you have to like this type of food. Always taste fresh. Excellent service. Best refried beans I have ever tasted.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've been here a lot, since I work nearby and frequently join colleagues for drinks after work as well as going for dinner with my spouse. There is a lot of potential here, but the restaurant doesn't quite get there. The food can be hit-or-miss. I've ordered things that have been great one time, and horrible the next. The service can also be a problem. Some of the servers speak very little English, so it's not uncommon to get a messed up order that has to be re-done.

They have really good chicken wings, which are spicy but not saucy. The enchiladas can be good, but order them a la carte; you'll save a lot of money, and the rice and beans aren't worth the extra cost, anyway. There is also a burrito that's pretty good, but I can't remember which one. They tend to go heavy with cilantro in the salsa and in some of the dishes, which my spouse can't stand. If you're not a fan of cilantro, beware! Overall, it's a decent place, but I wish they'd work on consistency in the food and only putting fluent English speaking servers on the floor.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went here for dinner one night and it was my last time going. I got a meal that had chicken in it, didnt know bone was on the menu. I asked to speak with the manager and the manager told me that i had to deal with it and there was nothing they could/would do about it.
Got up and left.