“Excellent Hotel & Great Location (btw, King rooms do have tubs)”

Hampton Inn Springfield South Enfield
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed June 20, 2010

After a long (but fun) day spent at Six Flags we made the short drive to the Hampton Inn in Enfield. This hotel is in a great location. It's right off the highway and across the street from a mall and yet the property is very quiet. The hotel is set back from the road and has nothing surrounding it on nearly 3 sides but has easy access to I91 and a ton of decent places to eat (a Bickford's is right across the street).

Customer service was excellent, and the rooms were large and in great shape. I'm not sure why the last reviewer was lead to beleive that none of the King rooms have tubs as our King had a very large bathroom with a full tub.

Again, very clean hotel and the perfect place to stay after a day at Six Flags. Noise was non existent and the hallways were quiet at night. Can't recommend this place enough!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Burlington367
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Springfield South Enfield

Reviewed June 6, 2010

This hotel is quite new and overall very nice, but my wife and I were disappointed by several things. We were hoping to spend a nice leisurely weekend but it didn't exactly work out that way.

Our first disappointment came when we entered our King bed room and found only a shower, no tub, in the bathroom. After a long drive my wife was looking forward to soaking in a tub. We immediately went back to the front desk to ask for a room with a tub, and was told the hotel was built to accomodate business travelers, and because business travelers prefer showers, none of the King rooms have tubs. We were further told the only rooms that have tubs are rooms with two Queen beds and Suites, but we could not change rooms because the hotel was sold out.

Our second disappointment came at breakfasts. The weekend we were there most of the guests were families with children taking part in a cheerleading competition at Six Flags. We understand this type of situation makes both the serving area and eating area very busy, but the problem came because families came to breakfast early and had no urgency to leave, leaving dozens of people standing around waiting for a table to open up. The problem could have been eased by opening an empty meeting room directly next to the eating area, but management did not do anything either morning to help this situation. And the serving area was almost impossible to access, because there was only one waffle iron, with 10-12 people (mostly children) waiting in line and blocking access to the rest of the serving area.

In other areas the hotel was very nice. Our room was a good size and very quiet, even with the large number of children. Our bed was very comfortable and we slept very well. Everything was very clean. All of the staff were very pleasant even with a full hotel. And even with the problems we encountered, we would stay here again. But hopefully on a weekend with no major activities in the area.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank like2travel1
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I travel for business 3-4 days a week. On my last visit, I did not have a refrigerator in my room so I asked the front desk staff if they could store my left over food until the morning. I must say they were very helpful and went above and beyond to ensure my leftovers were taken care of promptly.

I am very pleased with the front desk staff and my overall stays, It really feels likes my second home.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2010

Hotel is clean, beds comfortable, breakfast is great (waffle machine, hot items, fresh fruit, cereal). Will stay there next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2009

We stayed here with a large group of pre-teens and adults. The front desk staff were very helpful. Everything was spotless. The rooms, pool, and breakfast area. Would surely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank foliage5465
Reviewed October 28, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our way to Maine and were very pleased with our choice. The hotel is located right off the interstate but far enough away that there was no road noise. It's located on a side street that leads to a corporate center so it was very quiet in that respect also, not much traffic heading down that road after business hours. There are lots of restaurants and shopping plazas within a mile or so of the hotel and one plaza right across the aforementioned side street that we walked to in the evening. A lot of the stores were empty but there was a grocery store that we actually enjoyed looking around in to see what a chain we aren't familiar with is like and to compare prices. The Hampton Inn is very clean and seems very new. The desk staff was often absent but they seemed to show up in a short time whenever we had a question and they were very courteous. The breakfast was typical for the chain but we found it quite adequate and filling.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hatessquash
Reviewed October 15, 2009

I've stayed in countless mid-grade hotels and there's always something (or several things) that disappoint. But after two nights at the Hampton Suites in Enfield, I realized that I was completely content with every aspect of my stay. Being a new hotel, it doesn't suffer from a lot of the comfort and quality issues that some of the refurbished buildings do. One of the more remarkable things I noticed was that the temperature in the room was perfect and the system was quiet and reliable. It felt very comfortable, especially while tucked in under the big, fluffy, white bedspread (the absence of hotel-standard synthetic print coverlets was a bonus, too). Hot breakfast offered a lot of options, staff was friendly and quick to respond to requests, and all areas were clean. The only complaint I could offer is that the high-speed internet was not so high-speed. I'm sure some things will be a little less perfect as time goes by (that carpet can only remain barefoot-worthy so long), but as it is now, I'd very highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#3 of 5 in Enfield
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place

Been to Hampton Inn Springfield South Enfield? Share your experiences!