“Good for the Money”

Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Overall we were satisfied with our stay at the Holiday Inn. There is adequate parking, and the check-in process was smooth. The front desk person was courteous and explained a few of the services of the hotel, many of which we would not have time to use anyway, but were happy to know was at our disposal. We stayed in a room with a king size bed and pullout sofa. Everything about the room was standard, nothing overly luxurious, but far from below par either. This HI is quite contemporary and in line with the local area culture/mood. The only thing I can say is the food is not that great, but doable if your hungry and not in the mood to go out. It's also seriously overpriced, but that's usually the standard in all hotel restaurants/room service. We would stay at the HI again.

Room Tip: Ask for it. Corner rooms were quite.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 30, 2011

Room 506, toilet didn't flush and shower did not drain. Key to in room safe missing, air conditioner so loud that when it kicked on it woke you up. Switched to another room, not much better.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on the way home from Six Flags recently and everything went well. The hotel itself is nice and clean. The room was great. Extra blankets and pillows were in the room for the pull out sofa. We were missing facecloths in the bathroom, but I don't see that as a huge tragedy. Internet was also free, but not that great of a signal. There was a $10 charge on our bill for "additional fee", but when I asked about it upon checking out, it was quickly remedied. Overall it was nice and we definitely would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank stexannhunter
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for my competition in Mass. The location is horrible, right in the bushes. There is nothing near by. The vending machines on all floors were out of order and had a low number of snacks and drinks. The girls changing room by the pool was disgusing.. It had hair all around the toliet. The shower was broken and torn apart. The hot tub kept breaking. The service there was very rude and nasty looking. I would NOT recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank Cbasinet
Reviewed January 18, 2011

For under 120$ you should not expect the taj mahal. but you will get a nice, clean room, with a very comfy bed. i checked the room immediately upon entering because of some of the reviews here and found none of the issues mentioned. The front desk staff was friendly, accommodating and speedy.

The place was pretty busy yet the room was quite as can be...and the bed was very much to my liking. Do not hesitate to stay here if you are on a business trip in this area...with free wi-fi and an indoor jacuzzi you can't go wrong...location is right off of the highway amongst several national firm's headquarters.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2011

This has got to be one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had. I'm not one to complain, but I was so disgusted that I feel like something must to be said.

To start off, I was charged ten more dollars than I had was told when I called a week ahead. The "general manager" not only seemed agitated, but she looked and acted unprofessional. She was completely rude not only to me, but to the other employees right in front of me and other customers. All of us in line looked at each other with awkwardness and discomfort.

I got to my room and just wanted to rest. First, there was a used bar of soap in the bathroom and hair in the sink. Second, the toilet seat was filthy. Then, there was stains not only on the comforter, but on the sheets. The room had a funky smell to it. Isn't this supposed to be a five star hotel?!

When I called the restaurant for room service, no one answered.

To top it off, I woke up with a spider crawling on me in my sleep! Soooo gross!

When I complained, I was offered me a free meal at the restaurant which is not too generous considering I overheard the staff talking about how they refuse to eat the food at the restaurant once it "changed hands" or something along those lines. Therefore, I wasn't too excited about this, but I figured I would give it a try.

The food was uneatable, unsurprising. The meat was overcooked and the potatoes were definitely instant. The service was good except for the long, tacky nails on the waitress which is against health code policy.

The carpets in the hotel were so dirty. I was hoping to enjoy the pool but it looked dirty as well, with some type of materials floating in it. I was over charged for the unsanitary room, and the free meal was not worth it.

I give hope to the owner and managers of this hotel. And I hope this review will help other travelers to not make the same mistake that I did.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank hardworker17
Reviewed October 17, 2010

The hotel lists itself as "Springfield Enfield", but don't make the mistake of calling Springfield (or even Longmeadow, which is only 100 yards up the street), as the hotel bills you $3.61 for a 1 minute phone call! They say it is long distance to Springfield. If this is the case, they should NOT advertise themselves as a Springfield (MA) hotel. They should stick to Enfield (CT).

Also, our heater/air conditioner did not work the first night. I told the front desk at 10:00 in the morning. We had to call down again at 4:00 in the afternoon, as they had done nothing to fix it all day. They did fix it after that.

Finally, housekeeping forgot our room the first day.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank rwiner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Hampton Inn Springfield South Enfield
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#5 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield? Share your experiences!