“A don't miss for breakfast or lunch, very casual, kids welcome!”
Review of For Love and Food

For Love and Food
Ranked #17 of 115 Restaurants in Enfield
Reviewed October 10, 2017

While traveling in to the area for personal business, we located this FOODIE FIND! This location has a menu of over 15 sandwiches, 5 types of salad and 6 skillet MAC (read mac and cheese) selections. Once inside this small but clean location, you know right away something different is going here with food. The friendly and knowledgeable staff take your order at the counter and bring your fresh made, amazing food to you either inside at the comfy seating or outside at one of more than 5 picnic tables. Ordered was the Veggie Love ($8.95) -grilled vegetables on whole grain bread spread with herb goat cheese and a Shrimp Po boy ( $9.95), Cajun seasoned panko shrimp served on a fresh sub roll with lettuce, tomato and a house made remoulade. Both sandwiches were served with our choice of unique chips. The food was incredible, yup, incredible! Fresh, tasty and made with quality ingredients at a reasonable price. Who could ask for more? A children’s menu is also available with almost every breakfast and lunch item priced at $3.95. I would recommend this casual location any time you are nearby.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Jerseybob175

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

I really hesitate to review this tiny, wonderful restaurant. It's been my secret and I don't want to share. However, based on my last visit, I feel compelled to give some warnings. I overheard a grumbling about the wait. You will wait, at least 20 minutes, because the chef is personally putting her whole soul into each dish you order. It's worth being late back to work, believe me. There are only a few tables, I like to call in my order and if the tables are full, I just bring it home. I die for her stuffed french toast, I think you have until 10 to order. We came in late last Friday, and I "settled" for the pulled pork mac and cheese. It was so cheesy and heavenly, the pork was beautifully seasoned and melted in you mouth. The lunch portions are abundant, I always take half home. She often experiments with flavors from around the world that are on point. So glad to have this local spot in addition to some our more established local restaurants.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank rosame27
Reviewed July 11, 2017

They have the best Stuffed French Toast. It is to die for. Their menu is always different and wonderful. Never disappoints .

Reviewed July 8, 2017

Awesome Mexican omelette with chorizo sausage and pepper jack cheese. The rye toast was very high quality and did not turn into cardboard like most places. The place is very clean and the staff is super nice. The coffee is very good too.

Reviewed July 7, 2017

The Home Fry Bowl, perfectly named, comes with a very generous amount of potatoes that while good could have used a little more spices. The potatoes were topped with egg,cheese and a large sausage patty. Coffee comes in an extra large cup.

Date of visit: July 2017

Been to For Love and Food? Share your experiences!