“We visited after seeing on Restaurant Impossible”
Review of Pastori's Pizza Restaurant - CLOSED

Pastori's Pizza Restaurant
Cuisines: Pizza
goldens Bridge, New York, USA
“We visited after seeing on Restaurant Impossible”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The service was slow, but the waitress was nice so it kind of made up for it. The food itself was very good, we tried seafood dishes and the prices seemed great for the quality of food. We were in the area and had to try it after seeing it on RI. We would definitely visit again if we are in that area - the eggplant fries were AMAZING!

• Visited August 2012

New Jersey
“I wanted to like this place.”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I saw this place on Restaurant: Impossible, so I decided to stop in on a road trip with my wife. The decor is fairly nice, and was clean, but it is clear that the RI crew rushed the work. Some of the detail work is sloppy.
As far as the food goes, it was very disappointing. I wanted to like it, but my burger had zero flavor. My wife ordered a chicken wrap that was extremely bland as well. Service was not terrible, but the food was far from being anything special.
After seeing the show, I wanted to see this place succeed. Unfortunately, I don't think that it is in the cards. We were in the restaurant for about 45 minutes, and we were the only people in the place for the entire time.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank enlil2000
Southbury, Connecticut
“We were glad we made the trip!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I have to admit it; after seeing the Pastori's episode several times on the Food Network program "Restaurant Impossible," I was really anxious to check out the place that was theoretically brought back to life by Chef Robert Irvine. It is one of only two such restaurants in Connecticut. So, on a Tuesday in May, when other business brought us sort of close to the area,
I opted for Pastori's, and I'm very glad I did.

Understandably, a Tuesday 2:00pm lunch in rural Ellington meant an almost empty restaurant. That was fine with me. We got great service! We were cordially greeted at the door by the owner and swiftly attended to by our server.

The lunch menu had something for everybody, going far beyond pizza. Two of us enjoyed a competent French Onion Soup, served in the traditional crock with the bread crouton and a nice gob of melted cheese. This was a real warmer upper for a cold rainly day. My dining companion remarked this this onion soup "won't injure you," referring of course to the torrid temperatures at which that dish is usually served. Pastori's onion soup was served just right, allowing immediate consumption.

Both my dining partners were very pleased with their selections (a bacon cheeseburger and a club sanwich repectively). I was thrilled with my choice; a "scallop wrap." This was a flour tortilla containing breaded fried scallops, and veggies. The scallops were perfectly cooked, the tortilla was fresh and so were the veggies. Who could ask for more? I opted for onion rings to go with the wrap. They were a bit greasy, but good nonetheless.

As other reviewers have noted, the décor is splendid, at once a bow to bucholic Ellington and a nod at urbanity. It's clever, it's unique and it's fun.

Lunch for three adults (2 soups, a burger, a wrap, and a club, soft drinks, tax and tip) came to $45- a pretty good value all things considered.

Most important, I would not hesitate for a second to return there. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

• Visited May 2012
6 Thank REGT
Ellington, Connecticut
“Service and Food needs attention”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Meals are average. Portions are ample but the taste is average. The new look is outstanding but the basic issues (food, service) are still there. Waitress never came back. Food was not served at the same time for the table. One meal was cold; one was tasteless. Love the people and keep hoping it will get better!

Visited October 2011
2 Thank lifesgood83
Hartford, Connecticut
“Stay Away”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Too bad the owner doesn't take pride in his restaurant. I really thought he would turn it around after being given a second chance by Food Network so I gave it a try. I had the bbq burger which was served without bbq sauce and my mom had the reuben and they didn't put dressing on it.....really?? Service was terrible. Three tables in there and the waitress was scarce. I thought after seeing the owner crying on t.v. That he was going to make an effort. The decor is cool but I'll never go back.

5 Thank AmyEast