“Judge for yourself...”

Dining options: Reservations
West Hartford, CT
“Judge for yourself...”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We have been treating ourselves to dine with the Lepri family for several years now even though we live in West Hartford and have many wonderful restaurants right in our neighborhood. The service is always friendly and attentive, the "family" always makes you feel welcome to come into their home. Now the food....Oh my.....out of this world. The only thing is that we are stuck on the calamari salad...we have to order it every time we go! Every entree is more wonderful than the last. We have tried almost everything on the ever changing menu and Frank Lepri continues to outdo himself with his incredible creations. The prices are very fair for the quality of food at Trattoria da Lepri. One last thing....save room for desert....share if you must....but don't deprive yourself of a fitting end to a wonderful meal.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank BOBandMBF

South Windsor
“Maybe you could eat somewhere they serve frozen food”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

TOTAL SHAME!!! I took my mother for her 73 birthday, owner ruined the experience when I asked for the ice-cream that came under the cake on side. I was given a speech about presentation by a curt woman who said well I' m the owner and the answer is no. Then after we decided to pass on the desert and end the evening ($100 dinner for two later) The owner followed me to my car, aminated and speaking at me saying "MAYBE YOU CAN GO SOMEWHERE WHERE THEY SERVE FROZEN FOOD". I guess she didn't think that was appropriate to say IN her restaurant for other customers to hear. I have been blessed to eat at some of the finest restaurants in the world, and have never had such a disappointing experience, I went home, upset and queezy after dropping off my elderly mother who had been in tears. Happy Birthday mom... Next time we'll do Cavi's in Manchester, delicious and great customer service.

Visited August 2013
6 Thank ShameOnLepriFamily
Somers, CT
“My Local Go-To GEM that is my FAVORITE place to eat!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I loveTrattoria da Lepri!! Thank you for always serving the freshest and most beautiful food I can eat in our area! You have the freshest ingredients and beautiful combinations of flavors in every dish I try from salads, appetizers, main courses and desserts! I love bringing family, colleagues or staff members out to dinner at Trattoria da Lepri and occasionally hit the burger bar but Trattoria is my all time FAV! <3 I usually make reservations when I go and am greeted by the owners Father. The husband and wife team are fabulous and the wife brings the food out the very second they are done assembling your dish...super fresh! They use vegetables from a garden they have out back (i.e. heirloom tomatoes) and the mozzarella is hand-made by the chef's! Limoncello is also hand-made. Local farm ingredients are sourced and the menu will change each month based on what ingredients are available! I love this place and have been there more than 10 times, never disappointed, always delighted. Love Sarina as the server, I tend to have her many of the times I've been there so I'm fond of her

• Visited July 2013
West Hartford, Connecticut
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was going to have a dinner after work with two friends and since they both lived in this area, one of them suggested this place. I am mentioning this since the restaurant is not one you would ever go to if someone you trusted hadn't suggested it. The location is on a small road in cow country in the back of a very nondescript strip mall. You could drive past it 100 times and not even think to stop there once. (You can't even see it from the road.)

However, you really should stop since the place is wonderful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The menu is small, but the quality and quantity of the food is just what you would wish for. I had the veal marsala which was wonderful while my friends had the great filet mignon. The presentation of the meal was perfect and the taste superb. The desserts were huge and just as wonderful.

The restaurant is small, so you really do want to make a reservation.

I have paid twice as much for half as good a meal in the "big city". It is well worth the trip off the main roads to find this hidden gem.

• Visited May 2013
San Francisco, California, United States
“Trying Really Hard”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

In Ellington, CT there are not many fine dining establishments. This restaurant is known as one but I beg to differ. While the chef/owner and his wife try really hard, they don't quite have it down yet. Many of the simpler dishes such as calamari are fine (albeit too big) but as you go up the food chain the dishes lack the taste (but not the volume) to really call this a fine dining experience. The night we where there a foursome couldn't stop praising the establishment as if they had never dined in another really fine restaurant. Being from San Francisco we chuckled. The wine list was incorrect, the entries enormous but they lacked taste. I think if this chef had the opportunity to reflect on his execution more than the bulk of most items and refine and reduce his attempts at "fine dining" he probably could pull off a remarkable restaurant for this area. But work needs to be done. I understand this is the first review but maybe a bit of introspection could go a long way of making this the go to stop in Ellington.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Bruce O

Been to Trattoria da Lepri? Share your experiences!