By far, the worst element of my wedding was the Holiday Inn Express. They were the most conveniently located, because of their proximity to our house, the wedding location, and the highway. Now that the wedding is over, I have heard so many negative things about the stay that I want to offer a couple warnings to others.
Here are the things that my guests complained about (and yes, I have heard it all at least twice).
1. They overcharged several of my guests. Some of them were members of the Priority Club, and the benefits were not honored. My mom was charged $35/night for her small pets, after being told they were included. Scott and I were told that we would get a free room if ten guests booked, and then we were charged $107 for our free room (we had about 15 total nights racked up).
2. My guests found better prices online than what the "special" rate was. When I inquired about this, Cheryl, the saleswoman at the hotel, got mad and threw a fit at me. Apparently, I should have personally oversaw everyone's travel arrangements and told them that they had to pay more. .
3. During the conversation about the rates, Cheryl passively threatened me with the use of the shuttle*** - if the guests didn't pay more, the shuttle wouldn't be available. When I protested over that one, the issue went away. They advised that the shuttle would run, but then booked two weddings for the one shuttle. Our guests were rushed/herded to and from the wedding. ***I specifically chose the HIExp because of the shuttle (open bar), and it ticks me off. They offer free shuttle service to the airport, 20 minutes away, yet they had trouble driving to a restaurant 2 miles away on the same road.
4. People booked handicapped rooms and didn't get them, they were offered refrigerators and microwaves and didn't get them. Some people complained that their rooms were dirty, and some people complained.
5. Our "honeymoon room" would have been perfect for business travel. We kind of laughed about it. So much thought went into everything else.
6. I don't want to mention specific comments made about the management there. Let's leave it at unprofessional and rude.
I realized how severe the issues were when my (very easygoing) dad was visiting and gave the hotel the middle finger while driving past it. Then he shared his bad story, and that of my grandmother. That was enough.
I wanted to post this on Trip Advisor, but I am also sending it in to HI Express corporate in the hopes that they can investigate the franchise here in East Windsor. In the meantime, my family of travelers will be spending their nights away at the Comfort Suites (who have already scored 6 nights of business because of this!). Three people from my wedding alone threw out their Priority Club memberships after this fiasco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- East Windsor Hotel's Location Offers Peace & Relaxation. Just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Bradley International Airport, the Baymont Inn and Suites East Windsor is a smart choice for a productive stay. Our complimentary shuttle lets you leave airport traffic to us. Being so close to the airport, Southern Auto Auction and just 15 minutes from Hartford, you'll be impressed with our location in East Windsor, CT. This hotel's business travelers love being able to stay productive with the free high-speed, wireless Internet access available in all areas of the hotel's facility. While in East Windsor, Connecticut, you can get ready for meetings with the services available in the 24-hour Business Center or host your meeting in one of three conference rooms. The hotel's location in East Windsor, Connecticut is a great destination for leisure travelers, as well. We are just 15 minutes from the Basketball Hall of Fame for hoops fans who want to test their skills. Six Flags New England offers a day of fun. Spend a day of sightseeing or shopping in historic East Windsor, CT. The hotel's guests find a peaceful, productive retreat at the Baymont Inn and Suites East Windsor. After a great night's sleep, you can start your day with a hot meal at the complimentary Baymont Breakfast Corner that is loaded with favorites like bacon, eggs, and healthy selections. Spend time unwinding in the indoor pool. Welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites East Windsor Bradley Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express East Windsor Hotel East Windsor
- Holiday Inn East Windsor
- East Windsor Holiday Inn