“I chose this hotel for my wedding guests, and nobody (at ALL) liked it.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites East Windsor Bradley Airport

Baymont Inn & Suites East Windsor Bradley Airport
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in East Windsor
East Windsor, CT
“I chose this hotel for my wedding guests, and nobody (at ALL) liked it.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2009

By far, the worst element of my wedding was the Holiday Inn Express. They were the most conveniently located, because of their proximity to our house, the wedding location, and the highway. Now that the wedding is over, I have heard so many negative things about the stay that I want to offer a couple warnings to others.

Here are the things that my guests complained about (and yes, I have heard it all at least twice).

1. They overcharged several of my guests. Some of them were members of the Priority Club, and the benefits were not honored. My mom was charged $35/night for her small pets, after being told they were included. Scott and I were told that we would get a free room if ten guests booked, and then we were charged $107 for our free room (we had about 15 total nights racked up).
2. My guests found better prices online than what the "special" rate was. When I inquired about this, Cheryl, the saleswoman at the hotel, got mad and threw a fit at me. Apparently, I should have personally oversaw everyone's travel arrangements and told them that they had to pay more. .
3. During the conversation about the rates, Cheryl passively threatened me with the use of the shuttle*** - if the guests didn't pay more, the shuttle wouldn't be available. When I protested over that one, the issue went away. They advised that the shuttle would run, but then booked two weddings for the one shuttle. Our guests were rushed/herded to and from the wedding. ***I specifically chose the HIExp because of the shuttle (open bar), and it ticks me off. They offer free shuttle service to the airport, 20 minutes away, yet they had trouble driving to a restaurant 2 miles away on the same road.
4. People booked handicapped rooms and didn't get them, they were offered refrigerators and microwaves and didn't get them. Some people complained that their rooms were dirty, and some people complained.
5. Our "honeymoon room" would have been perfect for business travel. We kind of laughed about it. So much thought went into everything else.
6. I don't want to mention specific comments made about the management there. Let's leave it at unprofessional and rude.

I realized how severe the issues were when my (very easygoing) dad was visiting and gave the hotel the middle finger while driving past it. Then he shared his bad story, and that of my grandmother. That was enough.

I wanted to post this on Trip Advisor, but I am also sending it in to HI Express corporate in the hopes that they can investigate the franchise here in East Windsor. In the meantime, my family of travelers will be spending their nights away at the Comfort Suites (who have already scored 6 nights of business because of this!). Three people from my wedding alone threw out their Priority Club memberships after this fiasco.

• 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Long Island, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2009

The sheets were reused, the bathtub had hair in it and the room was not vacuumed. The lights were out in two rooms. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jules1952

Travelers are raving about these East Windsor hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

My colleague booked two rooms -- both Kings. Upon arrival, only one King was available and the elevator was broken. This was the beginning of a three-day adventure of broken promises and terrible house-keeping.
The hallway carpeting was soiled beyond belief, leading to a room that was missing tissue, enough hangers for three days of shirts and full bottles of shampoo. Yes, they "stocked" the bath with a partially filled shampoo container left from the last customer. The last customer also left his/her plastic razor cover near the drain in the bathtub. I probably would not have noticed the razor cover, if I had not been worried about the shower curtain falling off of the wall -- as the rod was loose at the mountings and the curtain was dragging around four inches of material on the floor.

The first morning after check-in, I reported the above to the front desk. They apologized and promised to service the room. Later that evening, as I returned from a late night business meal -- the shampoo bottles were full -- yet the other problems were not fixed. In addtion, the coffee service had not been refreshed. The carafe was still half-filled with cold coffee, the wet grounds were still in the machine and the empty coffee bag was in the exact same spot were I had left it earlier in the morning. I went to bed, determined to talk with the manager in the morning.

The second morning, I reported the above to the front desk. They apologized and promised to service the room. In addtion, they promised to make the manager aware of the problems. The were very concerned about the the puncture in the sole of my foot. (As I stumbled out of bed that morning, I stepped on a staple that had not been cleared by the vacuum.)

Another late night -- yet my last night at the motel from hell, I arrived to find the room still without tissue, coffee or hangers. The dust bunnies at the juncture of the floor and walls had grown from golf ball size to base balls. I returned to the desk and was given a bag of coffee for the morning.

When I checked out -- they made things "right" and offered me one night stay free. A nice concession. But, they never made things right. I do not thing this motel has a clue about what is right.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank gearmark
Collingswood, NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2009

We arrived at this hotel in the evening. The woman who checked us in was nice enough, but her overnight replacement was horrible. We showered when we arrived after a long day-around 9pm. There were 2 of us and only 2 towels in the room. We called for clean towels around 9:30, and were interrupted by the front desk staff woman who told us "Housekeeping is closed, call back at 7 am tomorrow!"

We called when we woke up at 8am, and the same rude woman answered the phone, interrupted us, and said "Housekeeping is working, they will get there soon." We wanted to clean up and get ready, and there was no housekeeping staff on our floor. We had to get dressed, unshowered and look for them. They were all outside smoking. We went out again and tracked them down on another floor to get clean towels.

Then, she was short when we checked out. I was given a reciept for $85 when I left, and came home to find a charge of $102 on my credit card.

DO NOT STAY HERE! The carpet was dirty, there was some kind of white powder all over the desk chair, There were no tissues, and we had to walk around the hotel begging for towels!

2 Thank mmazz
Ithaca, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2009

We have just spent 2 nights at this establishment and could not recommend it. It was surprisingly dirty (floors not vacuumed, bathroom mirror splattered, a filthy "throw" on the bed); also, numerous attempts were required to obtain working keys for a number of guests. If I had read the reviews, I wouldn't have been so surprised to find no elevators. When we returned late for the 2nd night, the bed was not made up, the trash not emptied, wet towels had been taken away but only 1 fresh one was left, etc. VERY poor overall on the cleanliness scale.

3 Thank KristinIthaca_NY
Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2009

We stayed overnight there prior to an early flight the following morning. We booked through Hotwire and thought we received a good deal as they told us we saved 33% by booking through them. There was a disclaimer on the Hotwire booking that stated that there might be a parking fee to leave the car there while we were gone. The website states "free parking", however. They boast of airport shuttles and continental breakfast included.

When we arrived we were told that the elevators were not functioning, so we had to drag our suitcases up the stairs. Looking at past reviews it seems they haven't been functioning for years. We were told there was a $4 per day fee to leave the car. Since that wasn't unreasonable, we agreed to it and they charged it to our credit card,. which literally took 20 minutes (slow computer, they explained). After running it through another girl came out and said that the Hotwire parking fee was $10 a day!! When asked what it would cost not through Hotwire, it would be $92 with parking for 14 days! Instead it was $73 for the room and $78 to park!! This took another 20 minutes on the slow computer. The room had a very bad odor, we asked for 2 queen beds, we were given two double beds. There was no soap in the room and we had to wash up in the morning with shampoo and the kleenex box was empty. Poorly stocked and not clean. The continental breakfast wasn't out at 4:30 a.m. when we got up for the shuttle, which is understandable, but the coffee had already run out. The shuttle had no seatbelts in some places and the seatbelts that existed didn't work. Major safety violation here. Hotwire did nothing to solve the problems when I contacted them after we returned from vacation. I would not recommend the hotel or the use of Hotwire.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mgsal
amitmodi, Management at Baymont Inn & Suites East Windsor Bradley Airport, responded to this review, May 5, 2009
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay. The Holiday Inn Express East Windsor wants to promote a distinguished and comfortable guest stay for all guests. We are currently finishing our renovations of the pool and elevators (expected to open June 2009).

We did not mention that we had an elevator at our 2 story property. However, our front desk is trained to offer our guests assistance with there luggage if needed.

Parking is normally free for each days reservation. For example, if you had a 2 night stay, your 2 nights parking would be free. Most hotels normally would charge an additional $15-$7 / day on parking. If you needed additional parking without the room, our Park&Fly program is one of the best, affordable, reasonable, and cost effective in the entire area. With our Park&Fly program you would be charged for a one night stay at the Park&Fly rate and would be allowed free parking for up to 7 days (additional days generally would cost $5/day).

Our friendly front desk staff is here to serve all guest needs 24 hours 7 days a week.

Regards,
Hotel Management
Los Angeles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2008

My wife and I had stayed previously a few years back at this site and found the condition of the rooms this time disappointing, worn carpeting, scratched walls and peeling or missing wall paper. Not all rooms have fridges so ask in advance or they will offer to move you if they can. Be aware, there also is no elevator. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful but were only able to work with what they had. We had a 4 day reservation but moved to a nearby Clarion Hotel for the remaining 3 days. We would stay again in a pinch but there are far to many choices to have to settle for less.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
La Quinta Inn Hartford Bradley Airport
Comfort Inn East Windsor
Comfort Inn East Windsor
#1 of 4 in East Windsor

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites East Windsor Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!