“Shockingly Divine”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in East Windsor
jamaica, vermont
“Shockingly Divine”
Reviewed March 18, 2008

Wow! Imagine our surprise when we found expensive boutique hotel amenities at the Hartford Airport's Holiday Inn Express.

We were so happy we stumbled onto this place. We had a king bed, with a very special mattress from Sealy Postupedic. Crisp, high thread count cotton sheets, a fluffy duvet, cool dark wood furniture, a carpet that was sweet on the eyes, Dorothy, we're not in Kansas anymore.
And this, just completely made us love the place, personal care products we loved. The shampoo, conditioner, soap, endeared us with their terrific natural scents like tangerine cinnamon, almond, etc-Look I am really a picky personal care snob, and I loved this stuff.
All I can say is Bravo, Bravo!
The owner apparently is spending milions renovating and redesigning this place and all I can say is he is on the right track. We use the Hartford airport a lot and we dread having to spend the night because of late night arrival, early morning departures, but this particular place felt more like a traveler's haven and less like an extension of the airport.
GREAT DINER acroos the street. Boy, I can't tell you what a great find that place was as well. Look, we are picky people and we loved the diner too!

• Liked — Comfort, design and convenience
  • Disliked — it was undergoing renovation while we were there.
  • Stayed March 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed June 11, 2007

Not really crazy about this place. Funky reception and then sent to a room where someone else was already asleep with the night latch on. Desk clerk said she could get in the room and that no one was in there and then proceeded to use a ruler to try to jimmy the door open. When someone called out from inside, the clerk ran downstairs and left my daughter and me standing outside the startled person's door -- by now it was around midnight. We spent quite a bit of time while the clerk argued that the person in the room was not supposed to be in there but in another room instead. Clearly, the reason she was in the room was because she had been given the key that opened the door. Clerk couldn't seem to understand that the hotel had screwed up and not the customer. We were finally given another room - after having been told once that none were available -- on the ground floor. We trudged back upstairs (no elevator) and lugged our luggage back down. A little weird. Also, there is renovation gong on, which is not cool -- we should have been told about this to start with & we wouldn't have booked. I guess that's why we weren't told. Also, the inside hallways are made of exterior type bricks -- did hotel once have exposed corridors? Don't know. Lots of sweets for breakfast but nothing healthy except a bowl of apples. Coffee was horrendous! Thin walls and doors so could hear everything going on inside all the rooms -- IF you know what I mean! Wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Chapinite

Travelers are raving about these East Windsor hotels

Morehead City, NC
Reviewed November 6, 2006

This hotel is showing a lot of wear and tear. The staff was nice and the hotel offered a free shuttle to the airport. The carpet was dirty but the bed linens were new.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank Korin
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
Reviewed June 28, 2006

We have stayed at HI Express along the interstate and they were always brand new and perfect. Well, this is a refurbished old motel.....the bathroom sink is all cracked and black and the front desk staff thought I was being difficult "Is it gross or just dirty?" Now I have to be skeptical about HI Express just when I thought I had found a brand I could count on.............the rest of the room was ok.....but not up to the new HI Express along the interstate.....

Stayed June 2006
6 Thank IllinoisSuzyQ
The Berkshires, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 16, 2006

Be skeptical on this one. It's not as good as it sounds.
I booked this one for the "FREE SHUTTLE". However, when I called from the airport, to be picked up, I was told that the shuttle service is only part-time, - and this isn't the time.
I had to hire my own taxi. - $23+
When I called & complained to the manager(?), She
tried to pass the blame onto Travelocity. And refused to reimburse me.

That's not all. The plumbing is bad at this place. I checked in, unpacked & got comfortable. At 1am I flushed the toilet, and it backed up all over the room. I had to wade around repacking to move to another room. Very ugly.

I give this place a 1. I give the manager a 0

The Motel6 at Bradley is looking better by the minute. - And without the managerial attitude.

I'm going to copy this review to all the on-line review sites, and to Holiday Inn corporate.

• Stayed April 2006
10 Thank YoRay
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 1, 2005

This hotel offers clean rooms; good, early (5:30am), free breakfast. Staff is friendly and helpful. Access off and on Interstate is easy. Price is reasonable for the area. There are two floors, but no elevator. Breakfast selection is above average for other Holiday Inn Express hotels.

• Stayed June 2005
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#3 of 4 in East Windsor
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites East Windsor Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!