“Terrible, terrible experience!! Do not stay here!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in East Windsor
“Terrible, terrible experience!! Do not stay here!”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We were in town to see a football game and did not have a good experience with this hotel. We arrived in our room to find a toilet clogged and full to the top of the bowl with feces in the water. The beds were messy and room had obviously not been properly cleaned and checked. We stayed for two days and the toilet never was fixed and we could not flush the toilet...lovely. The hotel rooms are dirty, old and run down. When they changed our beds they didn't change the pillow cases or the blanket and comforter. We had a great time at the fb game but the hotel experience of the trip was a disaster.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank LCaluori
clarioninnbradley, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Clarion Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you had a wonderful time at the football game.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem with the toilet in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair.

We take our reviews very seriously. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Clarion Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Bridgeport, Connecticut
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I found this hotel at secure stay 123. They have a great stay, park, fly program. It is off of 91 but it took the van about 6-8 minutes to get us to the airport. This clarion was recently renovated and it showed. Very nice rooms; very clean and quiet. Van shuttle leaves every half hour 24 hrs a day. The continental breakfast was fine. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 22, 2011

The hotel is very run down and dirty. The paint is chipped and everything is old. The room was not clean and the carpets were worn and stained. The hair dryer did not work nor the outlets for the coffee pot. The lamps were dented and torn. You could hear the people in the next room and kids were running up and down the hallway. I had washed my hair and left with it wet. The front desk said I should have called for them to fix it. I didn't feel like having someone in my room while I was getting dressed. There is a newer hotel up the street that I would have stayed in if I had known. I arrived in the dark and didn't really see the hotel. This is a very poor hotel to be in the Clarion chain. I have stayed at Clarion Hotels in the past and they have been very nice. The bed was hard and the bedding has seen better days. The heater did not work. Only cold air came out so I slept with my jacket on. The knobs were broken on the heater/air.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank nickedo

Thank you for choosing Clarion Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the non-working hair dryer, outlets and heater in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to the necessary repairs or replacements.

• Management was reminded of their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests remember to be thoughtful of their fellow guests.

Travelers are raving about these East Windsor hotels

Middletown, Connecticut
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I have no idea what his name is, but he barely spoke English & was very rude the night of our arrival, & in the morning when we went to inquire about the airport shuttle, he was hiding in the back room, refusing to come out or answer the phone. When the shuttle driver went in, he finally came out. The place is a dump too.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Clarion Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• The desk staff for whom English is a second language, received additional training in the courteous manner in which our valued guests are to be treated. He also was helped to understand that when there is a language problem, it is very much in order to ask for help from another staff member.

• The shuttle driver received our commendation for his help in what must have been a difficult situation.

Albany, New York
Reviewed October 2, 2011

while in the shower we noticed that a fairly large section of wallpaper was attached with 2 pushpins and scotch tape. After lifting in back, we found black mold!! If that wasn't enough, black mold covered the entire back of the tub mat. when we brought this to the attention of the front desk clerk, he stated that it was our responsibility to check for mold upon entering a room and that there was nothing he could do about it. He also stated that due to the moisture in the bathrooms we should expect mold, and that this was a problem they were unable to redress. We asked for either a refund or a voucher for a previous stay at a Clarion. We were told that only a voucher for a future stay at this hotel was possible, which obviously was not something we wanted to do again. Apparently there wasn't a manager on duty, but finally after several phone calls by the front desk clerk were refunded for the original cost of the room. The only positive was that the staff were very helpful with recommendations for various area restaurants and just generally friendly. There is also no elevator, which might cause difficulty for some travelers.

Additionally, the room needed updating, the remote was missing the backing, and this hotel was just generally drab and somewhat dirty. The exercise room was tiny and outdated and without a bathroom nearby. My son went to check out the nice sized outdoor pool and was was locked out, unable to re-enter the hotel from any door. Good thing he had his cell phone with him.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
clarioninnbradley, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 14, 2011

Thank you for choosing Clarion Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Staff received our personal commendation for the courteous, helpful, friendly way in which they treated you, our valued guests.

• Maintenance was informed of the way the wallpaper had been fastened up by push pins and tape and instructed to see to it’s proper repair.

Staten Island, New York
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I remember when this hotel was Best Western. Fond memories going back to 1976 ! I was a student at St. Alphonsus College, Suffield, CT. I have had stayed at this hotel numerous times. Ray who used to work at this hotel when it was Best Western was the man who ran the van to the airport, very nice person. Time has taken its toll on this facility. The comment on the bed bugs---I will sleep in my own bed !

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Clarion Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you have fond memories of older times in this facility, memories are a wonderful gift.

I am sorry that you feel that time has taken its toll on our facility. Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, your comments were shared with the manager.

Maintenance was contacted about your mention of bedbugs and the matter is being looked into. Any necessary exterminations will be made.

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We stayed for one night and will never stay there again. The very first thing that we noticed was the very dirty carpets in the hallways. They hallways were very hot, especially given the fact that it was late September and they smelled like vomit. While laying in the bed, you could see a massive 4-5 foot cobweb straight above you. As far as the bathroom goes, the shower hadn't even been cleaned. The previous person's used bar of soap was even left as a present for us. The only thing that prevents me from giving this the worst star rating is that the breakfast area actually was very clean and the free breakfast was actually pretty good.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RonPPlainfield_CT

Thank you for choosing Clarion Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Breakfast staff received our commendation in the fine presentation which they give.

We take our reviews very seriously. I hope that you will reconsider your decision never to stay here again and that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Clarion Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Windsor
#1 of 4 in East Windsor
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
La Quinta Inn Hartford Bradley Airport

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!