“VERY NICE”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in East Windsor
Delaware
“VERY NICE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2010

Comfortable clean room with everything in good working order. Fast internet and good tv reception. Ran out of tissues and desk clerk had a new box brought to room within minutes.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sue in reho K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2010

Convenient location, easy to find, competent staff, and good bang for the buck. Two things over which the hotel had no control: A young child in the room above us was running back and forth in the room until 11 p.m. The parents were probably trying to let the kid get some exercise after being cooped up in the car all day. Certainly it was not as bad as "teams" that run up and down the halls and congregate to chat in the hallways. The other thing was that the garbage trucks arrived early on a Saturday morning to empty the dumpsters at the restaurant next door. Breakfast was modest but the price was right! The bottom line is that this place was neat, clean, and filled our need to have a place to sleep for the night.

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank bellcollector
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2010

It's comforting to see the same friendly faces behind the reception desk at the Comfort Inn in East Windsor. They recognize us too and greet us warmly and and ask if we need any special accommodations. When we have, they have always complied. The hotel is convenient to the highway, restaurants and shopping. It is private, clean, and comfortable. Don't hesitate to try it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Berliegh
Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2009

I booked this hotel online and it looks nothing like the picture on the web. The person behind the counter was from another country and very rude at check in. Then I went up to my room, the first thing I did was go to turn the heat up, that's when I saw it. A roach and that was enough for me to check out.

The employee when I checked out said that she has been there 2 years and never heard about roaches. I told her there is always a first time and there is no way I'm staying here to take these roaches to my house.

The room also smelled even though it was a non smoking room, I guess since the hallway smelled the room is expected to smell

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these East Windsor hotels

Granby, CT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

Room was okay & stay was quiet. Reserved rooms primarily for wedding party (groom, parents and groomsmen to get ready for wedding.)

Check-in was a slow process.

Wedding party took elevator and it got stuck between floors (3rd & 4th floors). Called front desk and they said they would send someone to help. No one from hotel even came to the doors to acknowledge us or even say if someone was coming. Used elevator phone to call KONE - had to call numerous times!!!! Men had to remove tuxedo jackets, vests, shirts to keep cool....the fan in the elevator wasn't even working!!! Tried to open escape hatch to at least get some air from elevator shaft but couldn't since it was bolted and screwed closed....isn't this a safety issue???? There were 10 of us stuck in the elevator for 1 hour before fireman arrived and could open the doors (I have no good comments to make about the way the firemen handled the situation either...but that's a different story). When we were finally able to crawl down & out onto a ladder and leaving the hotel, folks at the front desk didn't even acknowledge us, say any 'I'm sorries' or anything.

When we returned to the hotel that evening after the wedding, all we got were stares and comment about we must have been the group that got stuck in elevator. Next day during check-out, I asked for a manager but none on premise and were told to call on Monday. I expected at least someone to apologize for the inconvenience or some compensation of either a discount or coupon to use toward future stay. Need I say we got nothing. I think what made the whole experience horrible was the fact that hotel staff didn't even call for a manager or even try to contact us outside the elevator to let us know what was going on and that we'd be okay.

If you are going to stay at Comfort Inn in East Windsor, CT you'd better be prepared to use the stairs (or get a room on 1st floor)!!!

The only reason I would not recommend this hotel to a friend/family is due to the fact that staff does not really care about their guests!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2008

This Comfort Inn has a great location. Right off the highway, walking distance to a few decent restaurants, etc. The rooms have nice, understated decor and while the beds aren't quite as soft as I would like, they provide plenty of really nice pillows, which helps.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and I know that the few problems I had were not their fault. Mainly, I booked a non-smoking room, only to arrive and find that they had me in the system for a smoking room. The gentleman at the front desk was eventually able to put me in a non-smoking room, but it took about 30 minutes to check me in (way too long) and I worried all week that I would come back to my room to find that they had let someone else in there by mistake, as he told me that "technically" they didn't have a non-smoking room available for all seven nights I was there. Thankfully, this didn't happen, but having it in the back of my mind wasn't fun.

This hotel offers a free continental breakfast from 6 to 10 AM (as well as cookies at the front desk all day long). The breakfast includes a small selection of cold cereals, hardboiled eggs, bagels, bread, danish and mini muffins, some fruit, and a make-your-own waffle station. The first morning I was there everything was fresh and plentiful, but as the week wore on there was less and less choice and the muffins, danish, and breads grew more and more stale. By the time the last couple of days rolled around I didn't even bother going to the breakfast. Needless to say, I was disappointed that the quality of food that was available at the beginning of my trip did not last throughout the entire week.

Two other things--for such a small hotel, they had a decent excersize room--two treadmills and two stationary bikes and a flat screen TV. Towels and a watercooler were provided as well. However, I was disappointed to find that of the two bikes, the one that was newer and more comfortable was not working. And as for the pool--it's not a pool at all, more like an oversized hot tub with the temperature of a pool. I feel like they just need to make the decision to make it a hot tub.

Overall, if you're looking for a clean, comfortable hotel with helpful staff, a good location, and no frills for a decent price, the Comfort Inn East Windsor is a great choice. But if you expect down comforters, a quality breakfast, and efficient check-in...you may want to look elsewhere.

• Liked — location, cleanliness, friendly staff
  • Disliked — bad check-in experience
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank ageeksaga
southern new England Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2008

It was a Valentine getaway due to east coast storms. My fianc'ee and I, checked in around 6:30 pm. Only to find, that the room type I reserved was only available on the 1st floor.

I travel often and I have a few requirements for my stay. That was one of them, duly noted within my reservation information.

At check-in the folks were nice, pleasant and had cookies available.

The bed size I wanted was only available on that floor and I was willing to give up my preference of floors, but my fianc'ee did not. So we settle for two queens (one of many valentine mistakes).

It's a newer hotel (3-4 years old). The room was clean, the folding closet door did not close all the way. Also, it would go off it's track, when we attempted to close it fully.

The beds where nice and comfy for my liking. The rooms also have a mini fridge and a loud ringing microwave. The decor is not eye catching. More like subtle and plain.

My main problem was with the room heater. She likes the room warm and that's ok. But this one was either dusty or did not have a fresh filter in it.

I suffered, so much, I had to turn it off at night, due to a dust allergy. Throw in a room induced sinus headache and I was done.

They offer a decent breakfast with waffles, sausage, toast, danish, juices, coffee and cold cereal. It is a nice way to start the day (Avail until 10pm)

They also have a five person pool / hot tub. Located on the first floor with plenty of room for others to use the lounge chairs.

There are plenty of places to eat nearby, from fast food to sit down dinners. A few strip malls and right off the highway.

I have to take my hat off to the staff, while bringing me breakfast, my fianc'ee left her pocketbook down stairs at the breakfast bar.

Since it wasn't crowded at all, the lady at the front desk, who is also the breakfast bar attendant. Retrieved the pocketbook and held it. When I came down she asked, if my wife had left her pocket book down stairs.

When she showed it to me, I said, "wow" and brought it up to her. Of course I corrected her on the level of commitment we had to each other. I also thanked her , very much for returning it to me

It's a nice hotel, with a multiplex theater, Walmart, a Supermarket, Gas stations and many other places for picking up necessities.

All in all, a very decent place stay, if you don't have any allergies.

• Liked — Location, staff, breakfast, microwave, mini fridge, room size, brand name specialty cookies
  • Disliked — Dusty heater, loud ringing microwave, closet door, small tub shower. lack of room preferences
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MrBry
Hampton Inn Springfield South Enfield
La Quinta Inn Hartford Bradley Airport
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield

Been to Comfort Inn East Windsor? Share your experiences!