“Holiday Party 2012”
Review of La Renaissance - CLOSED

La Renaissance
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Awful. 36 total attendees in cold room. Music totally missed our demographics and too loud to allow conversation. Strangers allowed to walk in off street and harass guests. Food edible but unimpressive. Venue dated and shabby.

1  Thank JoAnn G

Reviewed June 15, 2012

My husband and I got married at La Renaissance in June and we had the most wonderful experience. Leading up to the day, I worked with Natassja. She made me feel like my wedding was top priority even though I'm sure she was managing several. My email were always responded to quickly and I definitely emailed her a lot. Everything I asked for or wanted to do was accommodated.
The day started rainy and humid but all day long Nastassja and Denise kept saying it would clear up, and it did. Nastassja checked the weather every 20 minutes or so and updated me. She even helped m finish setting up my centerpieces (I had made my own) and other things I had made. The grounds are beautiful, we had our ceremony outside in front of the gazebo and our pictures were amazing. Denise did an amazing job directing everyone and make sure we we're all happy. She brought us drinks, helped pose us and told us some great shots to take.
The reception was amazing, I think that's usually up to the guests but everyone did a great job. The food was delicious (Denise made sure we we're able to eat) and we had a blast! The chef talked to us personally and made sure everything was to our liking. The bartenders were fun and the waitstaff was on top of everything. At the end of the night, they made sure everything was packed up for us and held anything we needed.

I wouldn't change one single thing about that day, the staff at La Renaissance is amazing and made our big day a memorable one!
I would recommend them to anyone!

Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are so happy to hear that your wedding was wonderful and that you and your guests had a lovely time.

If you wouldn't mind, send us some of your fabulous pictures so we can add them to our portfolio and post them on our facebook account/website!

Best wishes to you and your husband sharing the happiest life together!

Reviewed May 16, 2012

we had our wedding reception at La Renaissance on may 12, 2012. Almost everything went off without a hitch. The only thing I head that was a small issue was one table was missed when the cake and coffee was served. Nastassja did a great job even though we were thrown at her last minute as our original wedding planner was no longer there.

The food was incredible. everyone loved it. We had the biffet with prime rib, chicken marsala, and baked schrod. it was all delicious. the staff was incredibly attentive to us and our wedding party. anything we asked for was right there. they were very accomodating for some of our strange requests.

La Renaissance made our Wedding day one that I will always remember fonldy and cherish

LaRenaissanceCT, Event Coordinator at La Renaissance, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

We are so happy that you had a wonderful reception here at La Renaissance. I would like to apologize for the oversight of one of your tables being missed during coffee service.

Your wedding was absolutely beautiful and we are so pleased to have been a part of it. Thank you so much for sharing your special day with you!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I attended an event at La Ren. I don't expect great food at these things, but this was below mediocre. For example, a good green salad is easy even for a hundred, but not at La Ren. And instant mashed potatoes? Excuse me? Service was also quite lacking. I don't expect attentive, individual service, but someone should make sure tables are supplied with pitchers of water.

2  Thank Big_Foof
LaRenaissanceCT, Banquet Coordinator at La Renaissance, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience here at La Renaissance. I would like to apologize that your meal was not up to par and for the lack in quality service. I greatly appreciate your feedback and will do everything in my power to improve upon the quality of food and service in the future. I do hope one day you will be back here so you might see an improvement!

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

La Renasissance did a amazing job.. from day 1 we never had a problem samantha was right on top of everything she is like you personal wedding planner. the last 2 weeks i was so stressed and she helped me right through it..

The day of my wedding we actually were there all day we got ready in the bridal sweet and we were never btohered and if we did need something they did it for us. we were there at 11 till the time of the wedding. the room was set up just how i wanted it it looked so beautiful. denise was the lady who did everything for us the nght of our wedding and i could not say one thing bad she was amazing frozen drinks and shots brought to our wedding party just a great job

The food was very good. the only bad thing im going to say is the apps i wanted were not what i got but u know what i didnt let it bother me bc everyone still said they were good. the dinner went great we did buffet much easier. i was ready in another review dinner was later if u go to alot of weddings dinner is never on time are dj told us from the beginning are dinner wouldnt be till 8 830 and sure enough he was right..

all around everything was great and they did a amazing job so thank you everyone at la ranaissance!!!

1  Thank amy b