“Bad food and bad service”
Review of La Renaissance - CLOSED

La Renaissance
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I attended an event at La Ren. I don't expect great food at these things, but this was below mediocre. For example, a good green salad is easy even for a hundred, but not at La Ren. And instant mashed potatoes? Excuse me? Service was also quite lacking. I don't expect attentive, individual service, but someone should make sure tables are supplied with pitchers of water.

2  Thank Big_Foof
LaRenaissanceCT, Banquet Coordinator at La Renaissance, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience here at La Renaissance. I would like to apologize that your meal was not up to par and for the lack in quality service. I greatly appreciate your feedback and will do everything in my power to improve upon the quality of food and service in the future. I do hope one day you will be back here so you might see an improvement!

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

La Renasissance did a amazing job.. from day 1 we never had a problem samantha was right on top of everything she is like you personal wedding planner. the last 2 weeks i was so stressed and she helped me right through it..

The day of my wedding we actually were there all day we got ready in the bridal sweet and we were never btohered and if we did need something they did it for us. we were there at 11 till the time of the wedding. the room was set up just how i wanted it it looked so beautiful. denise was the lady who did everything for us the nght of our wedding and i could not say one thing bad she was amazing frozen drinks and shots brought to our wedding party just a great job

The food was very good. the only bad thing im going to say is the apps i wanted were not what i got but u know what i didnt let it bother me bc everyone still said they were good. the dinner went great we did buffet much easier. i was ready in another review dinner was later if u go to alot of weddings dinner is never on time are dj told us from the beginning are dinner wouldnt be till 8 830 and sure enough he was right..

all around everything was great and they did a amazing job so thank you everyone at la ranaissance!!!

1  Thank amy b
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Stafford Motor Speedway has held the annual awards banquet/dinner at LaRenaissance for 10 consecutive years. We have had good service, the food is prepared and served efficiently, the bar has been stocked as requested and the price is reasonable. The venue was remodeled a couple of years ago. The management is very accomodating to our set up requests.

1  Thank StaffordSpeedway
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I intended to not give this venue even one star however because of much of the staff I encountered there I feel they deserve some recognition.

DO NOT under any circumstances have an event at La Renaissance, especially a day as important as your wedding reception. This venue is so poorly run I thought I was being punk'd on the day of my wedding.

The room was set so beautifully and the planning and coordinating staff did an amazing job of answering all my questions, accomodating all my needs, and were with me every step of the way on the day of my reception, they made me feel so at ease and un-stressed, but there is only so much one person can do.

Everything went smoothly up until dinner time, my first dance was wonderful and our intros were exactly what we wanted but after that everything fell apart. Guests were commenting that the bartenders didnt seem to know how to make any of the drinks they were requesting and the line for the bar seemed never ending. The waitstaff seemed very new and inexperienced and, though the food was delicious, dinner was served over an hour late, leaving a much shorter time for dancing than we had hoped for.

My husband had to request to speak with the manager 3 times before he finally came over, and could only offer the explanation that they were short handed that night. Multiple phone calls were put in to the owner of the facility yet he has dodged each one, refusing to speak with us the night of our event and since. In my opinion this is not the way a business owner should conduct his business.

The impression we have been left with of La Renaissance is a very poor one which is unfortunate because so much planning was put into our wedding to make the day special both by myself and the planning staffa t the venue, unfortunately the service the day of did not reflect that. I would warn anyone considering La Renaissance for their big day to look elsewhere.

2  Thank MelBell035
Reviewed September 29, 2009

We had our daughter's wedding reception at La Renaissance in East Windsor, CT in late June and we were very unsatisfied with the result. The service provided by the staff was very poor. Imagine having your salad served (mostly a plate of lettuce) and then having your entire reception guests just sit there for an hour before one server enters the room with food for one table. About a half hour later, nearly ten o' clock the remainder of the food was finally served. Some of our wedding guests didn't bother to eat dinner. There was little time for dancing after dinner and this really damaged our wedding reception. Their service was horrible.

Most of our guests selected the Fillet Mignon. They serve the beef on a piece of bread to make it look bigger as the portions were small. The beef was tough and gristly. Maybe that is why not everyone ate it. The green beans were frozen reheated to a mush consistency. Overall, their food was not much better than their service which was horrible.

We had personal property stolen from our banquet facility. It wasn't even safe to have our guests be there without having property stolen. The staff at La Renaissance felt no responsibility for this. The room we had was one of three that they have there and at times the sound from the other rooms is distracting to our guests.

Perhaps the worst thing of all is the staff at La Renaissance, including the owner, felt that they did nothing wrong with our wedding reception. I went back after the wedding and they were not at all apologetic. So I contacted the Greater Hartford Better Business Bureau for their help. They were unable to help but the BBB did identify them with a “Failure” rating on their website. Anyone thinking about selecting La Renaissance for a wedding reception should know that the BBB of Greater Hartford has assigned La Renaissance with their lowest rating possible,“Failure” to warn others not to select them for wedding receptions.

I took them to New Britain Superior Court and received a monetary judgment as compensation. In all, to this day, our wedding reception remains a dark day that should not have happened. My wife has apologized to most of our guests. The staff at La Renaissance, even after the court judgment never apologized.

I am going to a wedding reception at the Farmington Club next Saturday. The bride was at our wedding and wouldn't think of having her wedding reception at La Renaissance. I know the Farmington Club does a wonderful job with great service and far superior food quality than that of La Renaissance. I should have known better. I just hope this review helps other people.

Go to the BBB of Greater Hartford website and see for yourself, La Renaissance = Failure.

4  Thank CSCRAY