“Nice restaurant”

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #10 of 40 Restaurants in East Windsor
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Utica, New York
“Nice restaurant”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We went early for dinner. Not busy and server was very attentive. Food was good and hot. Love the store. Nice things for a cheap price.

• Visited August 2014

“My Turn to Cook Thanksgiving”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

One of the few restaurants to serve dinner on Thanksgiving Day, they offer their standard fare and a Thanksgiving special for about $10. The special includes meal, dessert, beverage. Nice to find CB on one of my trips back north.
My recommendation is to pick an hour when it's not busy, because these places get swamped. In autumn and winter, they burn wood in the fireplace, which is a nice plus. We like the nostalgia of the store where one can find items from one's youth.

• Visited November 2013
Enfield, Connecticut
“noisy atmosphere, average food”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

It always seems loud in here. Went with my husband and son for an early supper on a Saturday. The food was all right although my meatloaf was barely warm. I asked for gravy to warm it up rather than send it back. I think their country store/gift shop is the best part!

• Visited July 2014
Grove City, Pennsylvania, United States
“What a disappiontment”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We always look for Cracker Barrels while on a trip. This one needed to furnish ear protection. I needed to cover my ears because the noise level was so loud. I asked my husband if he wanted to leave but it was so loud, he couldn't hear me.

Visited July 2014
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Imitation Southern Cuisine”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you are looking for an authentic southern cuisine experience, then Cracker Barrel, a chain restaurant, will not provide that for you. The food is adequate, but there is nothing from scratch at this restaurant.

I went to Cracker Barrel on Sunday and found the chicken fried steak alright. The sides which consisted of mashed potatoes and corn were lukewarm! The corn was definitely from a can and tasted like it had been swimming in water for sometime. The cole slaw that my boyfriend ordered looked overly wet, too! The biscuits were ok. Do not get me wrong, the food is very filling, but not made to the standards of what you would find in the south. At least the service from Sarah was very good. She often came around to ask how we were doing and did a great job.

Additional Info:
Plenty of parking, the country store has a lot of different items for purchase, and the check-out process was easy and fast.

• Visited May 2014